1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Snail eggs?

Discussion in 'Newbies Corner' started by Angelo, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Angelo

Angelo Copepod

Some assistance with identifying these small white spots on my snail. Seeing mixed opinions on other forums. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks 20180721_200837.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using MASC mobile app

2. zombie

zombie Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Cant tell too blurry. Can you turn off your blues, retake the photo, and crop the photo down instead of resizing it to keep resolution high?

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

3. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

They are nerite snail eggs. They look like sesame seeds? That does look like Nerite snail.

4. Angelo

Angelo Copepod

Yeah. I tried to find it this morning. It must be under a rock. I believe they are eggs also. Everything that I've seen points to snail eggs. Just got in a batch of cleaners last week. Got some swirly ones on the glass too. Believe they are nassarius snail eggs. Free cleaners before the 180 move! Sweet! Thanks for the info.

5. scchase

scchase Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Nerite snail eggs 100%

6. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Nass snail eggs look like wax being swirled onto a car hood in a wipe-on, wipe-off back and forth fashion.

7. Angelo

Angelo Copepod

They were actually cerith snail eggs. They're gone now but this is what they looked like.

8. Angelo

Angelo Copepod

Cerith eggs Screenshot_20180722-151624_Samsung%20Internet.jpg