So...... Whats the Deal with Shady Reefers lately????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
68sting;165234 said:
This goes both ways though. I have more trouble with people stating "I'll take it" and then they start asking questions or negotiating behind the scenes or they just back out. If you state in someones thread you'll take it stick to your word or don't say it. It kills the thread when people think stuff is sold. If you have questions ask them before you post "you'll take it".
I would agree. I did this once and learned a valuable lesson that day, your only have your words and your actions back them up! Actions are LOUDER than words!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

sweat044

Butterfly Fish
What about on the other end. You buy something based on a picture and when you get it, it only lasts a day. Or you buy something from an auction and never receive it. I see both sides of the spectrum here. I have been burned but usually it is by the items not coming or by the item lasting 24 hours. It's just something that happens.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sweat044;165319 said:
What about on the other end. You buy something based on a picture and when you get it, it only lasts a day. Or you buy something from an auction and never receive it. I see both sides of the spectrum here. I have been burned but usually it is by the items not coming or by the item lasting 24 hours. It's just something that happens.
I agree but that is the chances we take when buying any living thing. As for equipment then we need to send Guiddo to straighten it out!:D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sweat044;165319 said:
All I can say about that is research, research, research!! I never hold anyone suspect on livestock, there is just no way to prove whether or not they did something wrong (with fragging, for instance) or if it was something in your system that caused the problem... You just have to inspect the product thoroughly to make sure it's healthy and able to withstand your parameters.
In the case of equipment, I research the person selling, and when I arrive I check the product before money is exchanged. If the seller is any sort of decent person, this shouldn't bother them one bit. I recently had a sale where the guy called me to tell me a part he thought he had was missing. Because I had researched some of the previous sales he had done, I knew he was on the level... He made it right in the price and is still trying to find the missing piece. If the deal is too good to be true or your getting the runaround, walk away, another one will be for sale soon!!

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
68sting;165234 said:
This goes both ways though. I have more trouble with people stating "I'll take it" and then they start asking questions or negotiating behind the scenes or they just back out. If you state in someones thread you'll take it stick to your word or don't say it. It kills the thread when people think stuff is sold. If you have questions ask them before you post "you'll take it".
^ Guilty, though I did PM you and apologize. I didn't forsee the IRS sending me a bill instead of a check...especially after receiving a return the past 10 years. Life happens...but I'll go ahead and apologize again publicly if that helps.

68sting

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;165347 said:
^ Guilty, though I did PM you and apologize. I didn't forsee the IRS sending me a bill instead of a check...especially after receiving a return the past 10 years. Life happens...but I'll go ahead and apologize again publicly if that helps.
No problem. It wasn't directed at you specificly.

Items where someone said "I'll take it" and backed out, changed mind, no showed, stopped replying to pms, ect. in the last year and I know I'm forgeting some.

12gal
RKL
215gal
2-Tunze 6025
Eheim 1262
10gal frag tank
Solona

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
The moral of the story here is that there is always the chance for some sort of shady interaction. Wether it be with the buyer or the seller. But as I have always advocated, if you have been wronged, do NOT be afraid to call that person out. Like I said earlier, don't be rude, but definitely write a summary of what the situation once. That is one of the only ways that might be able to resolve the issue by bringing it to the public, AND that helps any of our members with future dealings with those people. There is no way to solve this if everyone just keeps their mouth shut.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Swanny;165307 said:
That *** was me and I explained to you (and apologized) I had an emergency with my daughter. In the midst of some family drama a text was not communicated and you did not get a message. I know lots of folks on the forum and have bought (and sold) many things. Again (second apology) sorry for the miscommunication.
Ah no it wasn't you. The person i spoke to said he had a better bulk deal and no mention of family. I'm certain you have me confused with someone else

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
68sting;165352 said:
No problem. It wasn't directed at you specificly.

Items where someone said "I'll take it" and backed out, changed mind, no showed, stopped replying to pms, ect. in the last year and I know I'm forgeting some.

12gal
RKL
215gal
2-Tunze 6025
Eheim 1262
10gal frag tank
Solona
Cool, cool. Although I suppose redacting my comment in this thread doesn't work after you quoted it ;)

I just felt bad because, as I said in my PM, it's unlike me to back out of a deal. Thought maybe I was blacklisted when I didn't get any reply or feedback until I saw your post.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Per a request by the OP I have closed this thread. We are doing so, to make sure that grievances aren't made worse, which was not the original intention. If you have any further questions or concerns please contact a BOD member, thanks for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.