Somethings Eating My Acros!

So i've noticed that somethings eating my acros, and a mille. There are "lesions", lack of a better word, that resemble what monti nudi's leave in their wake. I've tried looking at night to see if theres anything on the corals with no luck. Right now the lesions are mostly at the base of the mille and on the dark side of the acros. At first i thought it was low alk or calc causing it, but the waters fine, and theres no RTN.
I'll take some photos tomorrow when i can move some things around to get a better view.

Any ideas?

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
KatahdinKid;219237 said:
So i've noticed that somethings eating my acros, and a mille. There are "lesions", lack of a better word, that resemble what monti nudi's leave in their wake. I've tried looking at night to see if theres anything on the corals with no luck. Right now the lesions are mostly at the base of the mille and on the dark side of the acros. At first i thought it was low alk or calc causing it, but the waters fine, and theres no RTN.
I'll take some photos tomorrow when i can move some things around to get a better view.

Any ideas?
Red bugs. But usually stay away from Millie's.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Somethings Eating My Acros!

I was thinking AEFW acro eating flat worms. Try using a turkey Bastet to blow the acros off and see if you see anything

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you can get them out dip them in Bayer Advanced!

the pics i've seen look to have dotted damage, while what i have seems deeper and more consolidated than just that surface tissue..its pretty odd. i've picked up some bayer advanced and will dip what i can, i may have to but some rock to dip since a few are pretty encrusted, but i have tukani rock so it "shouldnt" be too difficult getting the corals.

Better late than never, pics:

and i have at least two of these, no idea what thy are, definetly not snails, look more like the pods you find under logs/rocks that roll up in a ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Do you have any wrasses. They will not solve your problem but can help. They eat all sorts of things (red bugs, flat worms) and are really active.