1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

SPS dbtc #3

Discussion in 'Extreme Corals' started by xxHLTxx, Apr 10, 2014.

1. xxHLTxx

xxHLTxx Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots

In light of CRW posting his 3rd dbtc to promote the DBTC Program, i figured we'd better catch the sps crowd back up! Next up is a frag of my purple tip acro. The base is a yellowish orange currently, but am seeing slight changes to more yellow the longer the colony is in the system.
    http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums...ead.php?t=2553
    View attachment 18691 View attachment 18694
    Here is the mother colony. This is the colony that my baby Blue Hippo Tang and acro hosting Damsel sleep in every night.

Rules...
    Must have over 100 posts.
    Must have sufficient "high" SPS lighting.
    Must Pick up at ReefED.

Game...
    What is my favorite MARINE fish?

I know this is almost generic, but it is a specific fish that CAN and is COMMONLY kept in aquariums around the world.
    Looking for a specific species, for instance (it won't be this) "Harlequin Tusk" is found in Australia and Indonesia. I am not looking for specifics like this... but rather fish such as (again, won't be this) a "Reef Chromis" can come as black and blue, yellow and black... etc. If there is a DIFFERENT subspecies within that species, I am being that specific.

Game goes until tomorrow at 11:59:59 and the frag (actual frag pictured below) will be brought to ReefED. Guesses are unlimited again, with a limitation on the guesses from each person MUST having at LEAST 1 post (does not have to be a guess) between their next guess. example...
    PlumCrazy : "Agile Chromis"
    PlumCrazy : "Blue Reef Chromis"

The 2nd guess, Blue Reef Chromis, would be DQ'd and another competitor may guess that answer.
    View attachment 18692 View attachment 18693
    White & Blue Blues

Have fun and Happy Guessing!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
  2. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Coris wrasse ( on a side note, these competitive dbtcs are evil, can't resist lol)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
  3. xxHLTxx

xxHLTxx Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots

haha right? i know plenty of people have sps... time to get those dbtcs a little variation from zoas!

4. SynDen

Ya where's the rest of the guesses?

5. xxHLTxx

no clue, updated the original. just have to have a POST between each guess... doesnt have to be another guess between one another. people are getting off work, I'm sure it'll spark up in an hour. haha

6. SynDen

Haha then hutchi anthias

7. MuralReef

MuralReef Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Blonde naso tang

8. MuralReef

Can it be your own post?

9. MuralReef

I'm ready to guess again. I'm with Syn I like the competition.

10. MuralReef

Yeah it'll pick up just as I start dinner with the fam!

11. SynDen

Magnificent foxface

12. SkyShark

SkyShark Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

True percula clown.

13. MuralReef

Ocellaris clown

14. xxHLTxx

good guesses Syn, although i feel as though you're going off my signature... LoL

15. MuralReef

Diamond goby

16. xxHLTxx

SUPER fun personality and to me is a must have for a sand bed reef!!

but sadly not my FAVORITE....

17. MuralReef

One of my favorites too

18. SynDen

Blue spot jawfish

19. SynDen

And lol yes i was, figured it good spot to start lol

20. xxHLTxx

If no one has guessed it by midnight this evening. I will post another hint.

Hint #1. This fish can be easily kept amongst predators or reefs, and has the color yellow on it.