SPS dbtc #3

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
In light of CRW posting his 3rd dbtc to promote the DBTC Program, i figured we'd better catch the sps crowd back up! Next up is a frag of my purple tip acro. The base is a yellowish orange currently, but am seeing slight changes to more yellow the longer the colony is in the system.
http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums...ead.php?t=2553
View attachment 18691 View attachment 18694
Here is the mother colony. This is the colony that my baby Blue Hippo Tang and acro hosting Damsel sleep in every night.

Rules...
Must have over 100 posts.
Must have sufficient "high" SPS lighting.
Must Pick up at ReefED.

Game...
What is my favorite MARINE fish?

I know this is almost generic, but it is a specific fish that CAN and is COMMONLY kept in aquariums around the world.
Looking for a specific species, for instance (it won't be this) "Harlequin Tusk" is found in Australia and Indonesia. I am not looking for specifics like this... but rather fish such as (again, won't be this) a "Reef Chromis" can come as black and blue, yellow and black... etc. If there is a DIFFERENT subspecies within that species, I am being that specific.

Game goes until tomorrow at 11:59:59 and the frag (actual frag pictured below) will be brought to ReefED. Guesses are unlimited again, with a limitation on the guesses from each person MUST having at LEAST 1 post (does not have to be a guess) between their next guess. example...
PlumCrazy : "Agile Chromis"
PlumCrazy : "Blue Reef Chromis"

The 2nd guess, Blue Reef Chromis, would be DQ'd and another competitor may guess that answer.
View attachment 18692 View attachment 18693
White & Blue Blues

Have fun and Happy Guessing!!

Last edited by a moderator:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Coris wrasse ( on a side note, these competitive dbtcs are evil, can't resist lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;304157 said:
Coris wrasse ( on a side note, these competitive dbtcs are evil, can't resist lol)
haha right? i know plenty of people have sps... time to get those dbtcs a little variation from zoas!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya where's the rest of the guesses?

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;304164 said:
Ya where's the rest of the guesses?
no clue, updated the original. just have to have a POST between each guess... doesnt have to be another guess between one another. people are getting off work, I'm sure it'll spark up in an hour. haha

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Haha then hutchi anthias

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I'm ready to guess again. I'm with Syn I like the competition.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
PlumCrazy;304165 said:
no clue, updated the original. just have to have a POST between each guess... doesnt have to be another guess between one another. people are getting off work, I'm sure it'll spark up in an hour. haha
Yeah it'll pick up just as I start dinner with the fam!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Magnificent foxface

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Blue spot jawfish

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
And lol yes i was, figured it good spot to start lol

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
If no one has guessed it by midnight this evening. I will post another hint.

Hint #1. This fish can be easily kept amongst predators or reefs, and has the color yellow on it.