Sps Id please.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Unless you can trace the lineage back to the Miyagi, I might suggest that you call it Miyagi-like. It won't matter to most, but this might save you a serious headache if you trade/sell to certain people who were wanting the real deal.

Whatever it is, it is a cool piece. If it is Miyagi-like, then it can take all of the good light that you can throw at it. The more light that I give it, the more the green and purple really pop. It is a deeper coral, so too much white LED might damage it, so if you are rocking LED, then keep them low IMO.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Its the guokas miyagi. :p. Just just as jda said, unless you can prove liniage, don't call it the ATL one. So toss your own name on it. :p

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
JEG miyagi it is. I actually have it a little lower in my tank on my frag rack an it has colored up super nice. I really hope I am able to grow this out into a colony and spread the love. I have another sps I need an id on but can't get a decent pic of it. I'll post a pic anyways and see what you guys think.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
this is the best pic I could get without charging my dslr battery. If you need a better pic which I'm sure you will I can take one with my dslr later tonight. It's a light to dark blue with very thin branches.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
jda123;266507 said:
Check out some of the echinada and see if the structure matches. ...so hard to tell from that pic.
You mean the all blue washed out look makes it hard to tell what it is?

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hard to see the skeletal structure in the pic - not much detail. The color is only really necessary to try and find a "name."

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
aztecdreams;266772 said:
Is this the one you picked up from me? I don't know what it's called either
Yeah it is. I remember you saying it was a deep water sps but I was just wondering what the exact variation is.