Starfish

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Starfish are such funny creatures. Mine decided to take a jaunt accross the glass today. He's just a normal sandsifter, but he's still pretty cool... what kind of star fishes do you all have? Feel free to post your best starfish pictures.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I love how you got the picture from the top, with the reflection from the bottom. Great shot!

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;310463 said:
here's a pick of my red feather star.
Wow such bright colors. It's beautiful.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
LeviK;310485 said:
That's awesome where did you get it and have any fish nipped it?
I got it at Great White Aquatics. I have not seen it get nipped but its tentacles are getting shorter. I might have to move it to the sump till I figure out who the nipper is.

Red tile star hanging Jordan style lol

Andreaehlrs

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;310487 said:
I got it at Great White Aquatics. I have not seen it get nipped but its tentacles are getting shorter. I might have to move it to the sump till I figure out who the nipper is.
The tentacles might just be falling off if its not getting enough food. Usually just phyto isn't enough for them

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
View attachment 19427

Got this big guy from Finsup and Bajamike a while back. Quite large, a foot or more across but pretty kewl star.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
SRT43R;310559 said:
Red tile star hanging Jordan style lol
OOO!!! Nice!

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;310657 said:
View attachment 19427

Got this big guy from Finsup and Bajamike a while back. Quite large, a foot or more across but pretty kewl star.
Is that a brittle star? They don't come out very often do they?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
ya its a brittle. This one is always out, but mainly because he is entirely to large to not be lol. He often just picks a spot and stays there all day, or at least until I feed the tank then he suddenly becomes very active.