Static IP address for Apex

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok so I got an IPhone. And the apex app is awesome but I want to be able to access it from anywhere not just my local network sense I am very rarely home. Soo I have tried numerous times and can not seem to find a address that works or get the apex to recognize it. Does anyone on here have a static IP and if so can you help me out cuz it's getting frustrating.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Static IP address for Apex

It's free and will let you connect over wan with a dynamic ip.

Go to Neptune's website and download their new user guide, it has step by step instructions.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yep. I use no-ip.org as well.

You probably also need to set up port forwarding to the Apex in your local LAN and give it a static IP address there.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes. Static IP on your Apex, forward a few ports on your router.

To get your Web address just go to www.whatismyip.com an ythat will give you your Web side IP to set your app to go to.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Alright guys thanks for the advice, I will be trying it here shortly and will let ya know how it turns out

mortimersnerd

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Did it work? This recently helped me out in a big way. Neptune Systems was able to log into my Aquacontroller and get it fixed after a log issue messed things up after I upgraded to the 4.20 firmware. The new Android widget is really cool, too.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

mortimersnerd;223805 said:
Did it work? This recently helped me out in a big way. Neptune Systems was able to log into my Aquacontroller and get it fixed after a log issue messed things up after I upgraded to the 4.20 firmware. The new Android widget is really cool, too.
It did work however I still can't seem to access the site from my phone, however I can from an outside network computer