Steves Leds

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow, well that sounds like you need an engineering degree in order to put your light together unless you get the 99% complete premium option in which case why get a diy to save money certainly not saving anything. Those leds, heatsinks, and fans better be stellar :wink:

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah I have used them before with no issues. Just saw all his boisterous claims and thought well this could be good but it sounds like more trouble than its worth and seems like your paying the same or more so wheres all the savings he mentions repeatedly?

Chris_W

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's true, they're not the easiest lights to get working. Even with the 99% complete option, the instructions they provide aren't the best. It took over a month of searching before I got mine working properly. It's honestly why I didn't go with them again. They definitely work when you get them going though.

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So the lights are good once you get them working? Hows the color? How did your corals look/react? Were they better than other leds or just skip it and go to radion?

Chris_W

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
They're pretty good. I personally went with the 52's on my current tank because i didn't like all the wiring and i wanted a little more control over the individual diodes. Here are a few pics from my old tank. I was keeping a sebae on the sand in a 30' deep tank with steves led's.

[attachment=69322:name]

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cool thanks for the pics. Pretty good doesn't sound like its worth the money and hassle?

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sweet thanks for the update. Looking forward to the pics.

Wiring was super easy! Would I do it all again? No probably not haha. I guess I'll see what I like more though, since I ordered an AI prime for my other biocube. At least with that I can see if theres a growth difference since I have had chinese leds on there for about a year

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow looks really purple or is that the camera?

The led option I chose had more blues. It was one of the 14k series and had a lot of blue and royal blue. So it does look pretty purple. Even though it's purple it (so far) has shown colors very crisp which is nice. Hopefully I get the AI prime in a few days and I'll have before and after photos of the chinese leds versus the prime

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Awesome

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Always cool to save :)