1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

styrofoam shipping container?

Discussion in 'Algae Barn' started by AlgaeBarn, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlgaeBarn

AlgaeBarn Amphipod Platinum Sponsor M.A.S.C Club Member

Hey Everyone,

Can anybody recommend a supplier for styrofoam boxes that fit in boxes?

-Sean

2. 280g-reefman

280g-reefman Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Cardboardboxes4U.com or just google insulated shipping container. There ae a lot out there. A little pricey but worth it if shipping some nicer stuff. Thats who i used when i used to ship a lot.

3. Smiley

Smiley Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

Re: styrofoam shipping container?

Buy a sheet of Styrofoam insulation from home depot and line the box with it.

Sent from my C771

4. dr.schlegs

dr.schlegs Copepod

Hit up the LFS.

5. 280g-reefman

280g-reefman Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

+1, never shipped in winter with it but a little duct tape and a little time and you are good to go.

6. dr.schlegs

dr.schlegs Copepod

The order I got from Reef Cleaners had a hot pad in it like the type that you find in the sporting goods section of Walmart.

7. jahmic

jahmic Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

+1 I used to ship dwarf FW shrimp like this in winter and never had any issues. It's a lot cheaper than ordering some specialty insulated boxes and having them sent to your house...especially when you consider that you can just line a flat rate USPS box and call it good for less than $1 extra when you include the cost of the foam insulation board.

8. AlgaeBarn

Thanks everyone for the help so far. I am actually trying to keep the box cold for shipping brine shrimp. If the temperatures are too high, they will use all the oxygen in the water and die.

9. AlgaeBarn

I'm really liking these combination of ideas.