Sunburst nem placement.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just got a sunburst nem yesterday and it looks happy but is like to know where it would be most happy. Biggest question is about flow. I know it will move wherever it wants to be but he is still on the rock he came in on and I want to place it in a spot it might like to stay. Do they like high flow or low flow?

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nems will generally move if they are not happy. Some more than others. mIne seems to be just fine where it is in one tank but anohter in a different has move around a little over time although things haven't changed.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sunburst nem placement.

Haddonisreef;238894 said:
From what the pic shows color wise ummmm rainbow! Where did u get it?
Got it from elite. It a split from the owners sunburst in her tank at home. Hers is a clone from one of the original sunbursts in Colorado. I have been to their house multiple times and believe me it's a sunburst. I think it's not as yellow as the ones in your pics because I the lighting it was under at the store. It is already showing more bright orange and yellows under my lighting.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sunburst nem placement.

I'm sorry it does have redish tinge to it like a rainbow it may be the camera or its not completely colored up but sunbursts are bright orange. How much was it?

Don't get me wrong it's a sweet Nem but colors in pics show rainbow
Here's my sunburst

Here's a bad pic of my rainbow

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sunburst nem placement.

Craigar;238897 said:
I'm sorry it does have redish tinge to it like a rainbow it may be the camera or its not completely colored up but sunbursts are bright orange. How much was it?

Don't get me wrong it's a sweet Nem but colors in pics show rainbow
Here's my sunburst

Here's a bad pic of my rainbow
My phone definitely does not capture the true color. In person it's alot more orange then red. I need my damn dslr already lol. I can see how you would think it doesn't look like a sunburst but I think it has a lot of coloring up to do. I got a good deal on it so I'm ok with it.

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Sunburst nem placement.

Trying to ID an animal by color when white balance and different lighting conditions is playing a key factor is like trying to diagnose car problems from an mp3 file.

Every anemone that we label as a sunburst comes from the same strain that was pictured in this article.

http://reefbuilders.com/2011/11/10/sunburst-anemone/

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Good article but I remember kei having them about ten yrs ago! I think he and patric were friends! The guy I get mine from also bought partricks bow front!! When it had a few dozen nems in there!