Syn's 75 bowfront tank build

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Been a while since I updated. Cleaned the tank this weekend and started snappin some pics, even attempted a few top downs but I really need to get a portal.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tank has come a long way since I last saw it...looking fantastic Angel!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Thanks, ya its come along way since its start. I might have to do a progression image so I can see the full change of it over the last few years.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
rplank;358779 said:
Sweet Monti caps!
Haha thanks, those 2 montis are out of control lol. especially the grape monti in the back. I have literally taken to hacking large chunks off of it every week or so and throw the pieces in my crushed coral buckets now. I love the starburst though, its really started plating nicely and is one of my favorite pieces.

Walter White;358783 said:
Greats pics everything looks awesome!
Thanks, been working alot on taking better photos. Of course it helps that my subject has matured a lot recently :) but I'm still using the stock lens on my Rebel, need to get a 100mm macro

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
What brand retro LED kit did you use and what colors amounts did you go with? Sorry maybe you already posted this info.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
SilverSurfer;358813 said:
What brand retro LED kit did you use and what colors amounts did you go with? Sorry maybe you already posted this info.
Its a retrofit I got off reefgeek.com before they closed up. But its a 4 bulb 48" T5 with ATI ballasts and LET individual reflectors. Current bulb colors is, 2 blue +, a Purple +, and one Aquablue Special

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh so no led then? Awesome ty

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
yep no LEDs just the T5s, which kick ass by the way :)

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Awesome thanks

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Thought it would be kewl to see a progression of the full tank shot over the last few years

Last edited by a moderator: