Syn's 850g.t.v Deep Brain system

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Well 75g has been officially taken down. Corals all moved to the frag tank, or into the big tank.
Still have quite a bit of diatoms and a bit of cyano, so time to up the CuC again. Put in a big order from reefcleaners with a very diversified group of snails, that will be here tues. So hope that nips it in the butt.
Next thing to work on is the lights. I am going to pull the AI's since my controllers are no longer working. Going to add in my t5s from my 75g and mix in some Nico bars as well. Will need to rework the light rack a bit to accommodate.

Anyway here's some new years pics of the tank
View attachment 18143
View attachment 18141

View attachment 18139

View attachment 18140
View attachment 18142

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Gonna re-work my lights a bit. Since my AI controller went out I havent been able to use the vegas and sols are sitting at 100% on all channels. MH fixture still rocking though so going to add some light bars instead. Adding 2 Reefbrite bars and 2 NicoBars.
Really liking these nicoBars too. Cant wait to get them over the tank.
If you havent heard of them they are one of the newer release from one of our sponsors @Archit and they are slim, sexy and pretty badass
Going to re-build my light rack a bit though to accommodate the bars. Was going to do most of it this weekend but the snow got in the way, so hopefully get them all up and mounted next weekend

View attachment 18239
View attachment 18240

Archit

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Gonna re-work my lights a bit. Since my AI controller went out I havent been able to use the vegas and sols are sitting at 100% on all channels. MH fixture still rocking though so going to add some light bars instead. Adding 2 Reefbrite bars and 2 NicoBars.
Really liking these nicoBars too. Cant wait to get them over the tank.
If you havent heard of them they are one of the newer release from one of our sponsors @Archit and they are slim, sexy and pretty badass
Going to re-build my light rack a bit though to accommodate the bars. Was going to do most of it this weekend but the snow got in the way, so hopefully get them all up and mounted next weekend

View attachment 18239
View attachment 18240
Thank you for the shout out! :) they definitely make the corals pop!! :)

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Looks awesome the new lights are a huge improvement!

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Looks awesome the new lights are a huge improvement!

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado
Thanks, ya the lighting upgrade made a HUGE difference. So much better now

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Nice! Have you ever tried to raise them?
No not yet, but will see how it goes. Hopefully they don't all end up in the sump lol, although they would likely do just fine in the sump, just hard to get them out

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Tank is growing well. I will have to do a round of photos on the main tank soon

I added one new fish to the big tank, a beautiful pink and gold midas blenny. She had been in QT for 8 weeks, but finally got added in on Saturday. I was running without the tops on the tank until last night, but she has prompted me to put them back on because apparently she is an Olympic jumper. I knew she was likely to jump but never quite expected the fish to jump all the way across the room.
I was sitting doing work on the computer and I heard a small noise. I thought it was my cat at first but when I turned around to look it was the Midas, flopping around by my feet on the plastic mat under my desk chair. My desk chair is about 8-10 feet from the tank, so that was quite the feet for such a little fish. Luckily she did jump that far though, if she had landed on the carpet I likely wouldn't have heard her and turned to look. I immediately scooped her up and put her back in the tank. She swam off a bit stunned, but looking normal this morning. phew....

Also added a beautiful pair of banned pipe fish to the display mangrove/macro fuge. These two are pretty neat to watch too. They seem to be doing pretty well in the tank. I stock it weekly with pods, and have been hatching brine shrimp to feed into the tank too.
View attachment 18609

View attachment 18608

View attachment 18607

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Progress photo dump, almost 9 months old now and going good. Still a bit of green cyano on the sand but has mostly been under control, just need to increase my sand sifters. I could vacuum of rake it out but there are literally a million feather dusters covering the sand so I haven't wanted to disturb them Just added my dream fish (Borbonius Anthias) and she is doing great. CARx is online and dialed in, and haven't done a water change in about 3 months now. Filteration still only consists of rock and plants. No skimmer and no other man made filtration added to the tank. Params holding steady at
Salinity 1.025
Nitrates 5ppm
CA 440
KH 7.8
MG 1440

View attachment 18962 View attachment 18963 View attachment 18964 View attachment 18965 View attachment 18966 View attachment 18967 View attachment 18968 View attachment 18969 View attachment 18970 View attachment 18971

Last edited by a moderator: