T,5 ligts

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks!!... Do you have experienced with pipe organ coral

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've got one about the size of a football. It seems happy- always open when the lights are on, and growing. If yours isn't happy, I'd check your parameters (alk, nitrates, calcium levels, ph levels through the day, temp, etc). If all of your parameters are in line, your ph and temp aren't spiking or dropping, and it's got medium light and medium flow, then I'd start looking at it really closely to make sure there aren't bugs or something on it that are irritating it.

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had one before he didn't make it he open up but never close

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
I love mine. It's darker than most of the ones I've seen. Once your tank is matured, you should try another one.

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know their cool im going to wait, I think im going to fast,, and my ph its not good its on 7.9 im going to try a buffer to raised

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
where's your alk? If that's in line, your ph should level out naturally. Try not to 'chase' ph if you can avoid it. Solving the core issue will result in ph taking care of itself.

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have to test for alk ,if its low or high how do you fix it

tlo25

Turbo Snail
If you alk is high, dont do anything it will naturally start going down. If it is low the easiest way to raise it is with baking soda. How much you use will depend on how much total water volume you have in your system. You will also need to figure out how much your system uses per day so you can come up with a dosing schedual.

In my opinion you should also figure out what levels you want your big three parameters at (Calcium, Alk, Mag), this way you can have a goal to keep those levels at. I keep mine at 420 ppm Ca, 8 dkh Alk, and 1350-1400ppm Mag which is pretty close to natural seawater.

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think its my all its low im about to do a test , I think my corals didn't make it because my salinity wash really high i jus realize that was on 1.030!!!.. Now I lowered to 1.025

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
tony02133;249311 said:
I think its my all its low im about to do a test , I think my corals didn't make it because my salinity wash really high i jus realize that was on 1.030!!!.. Now I lowered to 1.025
Why is it so high?

What's your alk and calcium?

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think i put to much salt when i star my tank

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ok so my salinity 1.025 „ph8.0 , alk 8.9,calcium 440, magnesium 1200

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
tony02133;249326 said:
ok so my salinity 1.025 „ph8.0 , alk 8.9,calcium 440, magnesium 1200
Parameters seem to be good, me personally I keep alk around 7.8-8.0 I'd bring mag up to 1300

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
T,5 ligts

You can buy mag that's what you need to raise it.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
T,5 ligts

No but follow the instructions on the bottle for how much to add. It's safe to take mag up to 1500 however no reason for you to do that