Tank drilling near Springs/Denver

Like the title says I've been planning my 55gallon tank out for quite some time now and move in march so I'm looking to get all my ducks in a row before then.

Anyone out there that would drill my tank for me in return for cash, or do you know a local place that will?

I heard people here can get glass pieces for sumps at City Glass in springs but the lady sounded confused when I asked if they would drill tanks.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know Elite Reef does it, and a few others, so I'd check with your favorite LFS first.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Glass shops charge a fortune to drill. LFS will probably do it or know who will. You can go to glass holes or bulk reef supply and get the bits to do it yourself.BRS had a how too video as well. I have drilled a couple of tanks now and it really is easy. Don't drill the bottom of most tanks / tempered.

Smokey

Cleaner Shrimp
Tank drilling near Springs/Denver

FYI if its a standard 55g (not custom built) all the panels are probably tempered. Not sure why but the 55 is the only tank they do that to. One way to find out if you don't know the mfg. is to take the tank out in the sunshine with polarized sunglasses. If its tempered, you'll see a pattern on the glass. Otherwise it's a crap shoot and hope you don't blow the tank up :)

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Tank drilling near Springs/Denver

Are you Justin Credible, or are you trying to do a clever play on words? If you are in fact the real deal, where can I buy your food?

Smokey;218422 said:
FYI if its a standard 55g (not custom built) all the panels are probably tempered. Not sure why but the 55 is the only tank they do that to. One way to find out if you don't know the mfg. is to take the tank out in the sunshine with polarized sunglasses. If its tempered, you'll see a pattern on the glass. Otherwise it's a crap shoot and hope you don't blow the tank up :)
Thanks for the info.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Thanks everyone.

First) no my name isn't Justin Credible lol i wish. My name is Justin though,

Second) I emailed Aqueon and gave them my serial # and it's confirmed only the bottom of my tgank is tempered. (i bought a 55gallon from petco's $1 gallon sale that wasn't bundled with a hood etc. I think the hood package ones are tempered on all sides. but the individual ones are tempered only on bottom. if your unsure u can email aqueon customer service and they reply quick!)

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Justin, where are you located. It would help everyone here to point you into the best location. We have several people on SCMAS that could help you do it but they are in Colorado Springs.

kmellon;218865 said:
Justin, where are you located. It would help everyone here to point you into the best location. We have several people on SCMAS that could help you do it but they are in Colorado Springs.

MY bad thought I had my location posted.
i also live in colorado springs