Tapatalk notifications stop working for MASC?

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Running 5.1.1 and now I get a notification at the top of my phone for MASC but when I go in and click on notifications there isn't anything new since 7/29. All other sites (reef2reef, Reefcentral) still get updates and show the new items in the notifications. Odd...

HoosierDaddy

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can't even use tapatalk for MASC. it says I dont have permission. Not sure why it does that. I can use it on all the other sites.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I'm sorry to hear that you guys are having issues. Because these are the only two reports we have received of this type thus far, I am lead to believe these are individual settings, phone, provider or independent issues. If you could please post up screen shots of anything you are seeing as a problem we will try and seek out some resolutions and or causes to see if they can be fixed.

Also if anyone else is having issues, please please please post up.

If you could please post the following that would be helpful:

Phone Type - Android or Iphone
Tapatalk Version

* If you are using android app version 5.1.1 and you want to see what your push notification settings are, please do the following

From your main page
-> push profile button (furthest option to the right)
-> click push Notifications
-> click Site Notifications
-> click MASC
-> make sure notifications are turned on
-> click optional notifications (subscribed topics, sub-forums, private messages, quoted my post, mentioned me)
-> click your back button 3x to get to home screen
-> click Star icon (this is your list of forums you are following)
-> click MASC
-> browse accordingly

* If you are using android app version 5.1.1 and you want to see your push notifications, please do the following

From your main page
-> push flag button (second option from the right)
-> you will see the following on the top - MESSAGES - YOU - SUBSCRIPTIONS
-> click SUBSCRIPTIONS to see most threads you have either participated in or subscribed to (note this is a combination of all forums you are subscribed to through tapatalk)
-> click YOU to see threads you have been quoted in (note this is a combination of all forums you are subscribed to through tapatalk)
-> click MESSAGES to see all messages (note this is a combination of all forums you are subscribed to through tapatalk)

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Chad. What I am referring to is when i go to the star, then MASC. At the top next to MASC are 3 horizontal lines. If you touch that you have home, notifications, messages, search and people. If you click notifications there it no longer updates. I can still see all of them on the flag tab. Just odd that they would show up in one spot and not the other. Running 5.1.1 on Android.

Adam

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Adam did you try and go to where I suggested and see what notifications are clicked? I noticed on mine that since the only notification I have click on to report is PMs that is all that is listed since I have made the switch (meaning prior to say 07/31 quotes, replies to threads, etc are there)

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yep. All set up correctly. Just unclicked and reclicked all of them.

Tango

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thats how it was for me all yesterday and this morning till now .maybe try and log out and back onto taptalk thats what i did