Tb aquatics

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I finally decided to order my lights and after a lot of research I ordered from TB Aquatics. I joined their mailing list and got a coupon code for 5% off my first order, a discount on Blue plus bulbs because I ordered more than 3 (unfortunately I did not get a discount on all bulbs for ordering 6, as they have to be the same type of bulb), and FREE shipping when ordering 6 or more bulbs!!! All in all I got 4@ 48" ATI blue plus, 1@ 48" GE 6500 and 1@ 48" ATI purple plus for a grand total of $109.72, this is a screaming deal!! I have read a few negative posts about these guys but not enough to scare me and will post more when I get my package (Speed of shipping, packaging, and customer support if I need to use it). Check them out if you need bulbs!!

After reading around I'm going for the exact same bulb choices so this is great to know, thanks. Looking forward to the post when you get them and how everything went.

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I ordered a tank from them last year and they did a great job. Unfortunately UPS cracked my tank after contacting them I recieved a new tank in the mail and got to keep the broken one for parts

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i have conmnmsidered them before ...i think they are an amazon seller arent they?

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't think so, I just used their site. So far I'm happy, got my shipping info today so I know at least the label has been printed up.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got my bulbs today, and amazed at how well they were packaged!! There is no way the bulbs were going to get damaged, and with free shipping none the less. I strongly recommend these guys!!!

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
daveydoodle;166045 said:
Matt,
how does the color look? Not too blue? I need to get my order in, I was looking at the exact same combination of bulbs.
David, are you ordering soon? If so, I also would like to order some bulbs.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
At first I thought it was too purple, turned off the dusk/dawn (which I have a blue plus and a purple plus and realized that it didn't decrease the purple all that much. It is growing on me though, and I am LOVING the color I am getting out of my corals!!! Before my tank was very yellow due to the 10k & actinic combo I was running, I may put a 10k in today just to see what it looks like but in all reality I think this is the set up for me.