TCP Port Connection

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Perfect thanks
on apex network tab
DHCP disabled
ip address 192.168.1.100 (or whatever isnt taken double check on router table to make sure something doesnt have it needs to be 192.168.1.1XX) Mines 100
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.0.10
DNS will be whatever is in that DNS tab of your mac ip information window above verbatim

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Also if you have a head unit on your apex you can look at the ip setting on the head unit itself to know what ip address it already has

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is the updated Apex configurations based on your suggestions Deboy. Does everything look right? For me to remotely access in on my phone what address do I need to type in to get there, to test it?

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Is the IP address already assigned to your apex controller? 250 is a little high of an ip address. But it could work. For port i use 8080

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok I have changed the IP of the Apex to be 192.168.0.150 and a Port of 8080, anything I need to change on my router to reflect these changes?

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes look for a single port forwarding tab in your router settings. and put your ip address and port # and chose both udp and tcp and make sure you save it.

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Like so?

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes.

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
On a side note how is your internal network connected via which way?Is it Cable/DSL Modem --->Router-->APEX or Cable/DSL Modem--->Apex

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cable/DSL Modem --->Router-->NetGear Wireless Adapter (wnce2001) --->Apex

Still no luck logging into it on my phone.

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ya i was afraid of that. Do you know by chance if your Modem is setup in bridge/transparent mode?

Last edited by a moderator:

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Most likely your cable modem is probably blocking your port forwarding which we set up on your router. Youll have to log into your router and setup port forwarding in your modem

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I was able to get into my comcast modem/router and tried to add a port forwarding to it with these parameters:

and this is the error message that I get:

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
got it

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I meant I got the last part where I have to enter the dmz, no not yet.