Terrible news

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
My wife called today while I was hunting saying all the fish in the big tank in the basement were dead so I hurried home and it is a complete loss. Pulled as much as I can for now some of the corals might make it and fortunately the same cause of the big tank failure also isolated the frag tank which didn't wipe out. So now looks like it is going to be a few months rebuilding and then restocking once everything else is back on track. Once I fond my phone I will add some pics but man its depressing

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
One of the outlet boxes stopped working and I dint realize but it was the one with all the circulation for the main tank on it

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
For now I have isolated the main system and will let it cycle and then start to restock come Christmas time unless things are progressing faster for some reason

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Oh man Scott I am so so sorry to log on and see this man!!! While I'm sure you are devastated, I admire your strength rebuilding def shows your a reefer for life. If there is anything you think I have you want it's all your man!!!

crappity news! Sorry to hear that. Hope your weekend gets better

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Changed 200 gallons and have another 100 being mixed drunk as hell now hard to see 3 grand in fish in a bucket dead no to mention the corals

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Hey guys, It's the wife here. One of the outlets he had everything plugged into failed, so water wasn't circulating and it wasn't being heated. They got too cold and suffocated. Unfortunately, I didn't notice anything, and wasn't at home when it started. He lost all the fish, some he'd had for more than 12 years.

mathewkofalk

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Man tough stuff there ....have a couple goodies from all that frag rack you gave me. Just let me know if you want anything from it and il make sure you get some frags.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry to hear of the losses. Keep us in mind when you are in restocking mode. We'll get you some good deals on new buddies.

Vince
GWA

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm sorry to hear that Scott, let me know if I can help with anything.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Thanks for everyone who has offered to help Ill get with you when I get thins righted
Fish I have found