The Anenome

OK so i bought a bubble tip anenome last Thursday. Well it decided to go to a place under a rock with no light or flow. How do i get it to move out in a better place? Cause honestly i don't see how its happy there plus my clowns never go under the rock? help

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
even if you can get to it to move it, it will most likely move again, try to point some flow in where its at (not a lot) and maybe it will move again, or just flip the rock over (which may not be an option for you). In the end you cannot control where it goes or why, thats why I never put one in my DT.

Just let it be they usually hide in a dark spot the first couple days to get used to your lighting . Its happy were it is or it would not have gone under the rock. My LTA and BTA both hid for a couple weeks when they were introduced to my display.

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
BTA's will find a location that suites them with regards to lighting and water flow and once they find that sweet spot will usually anchor down and stay put, however, there is always the possibility of them uprooting and wandering around the tank.

Ok so it seems to have found a spot. so i fed it to make it stay. (hopefully). Now my question is when will my clowns begin to host in the anenome? Oh and i purchased the anenome at elite reef and i believe it was under the t5 aquatic lifes?

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
It depends on the clowns, but yes, they SHOULD eventually take to the anemone. Some captive bred clowns take a little longer to really get in there, but IME they eventually will

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well Gale, you and your clowns are of course the exception to the rule!

I am just speaking from personal experience with stock from ORA years ago.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
My first pair of onyx percs NEVER took to my carpet anemone and it took them months to get into my GBTA, so yeah, some fish take longer than others :D

foxface 13

Cleaner Shrimp
My clowns were captive bred (and I wish I had gotten mine from Gale) and they took about 4 months to host in by RBTA. Also, my clowns were tiny when I purchased them, so age could be a factor as well. I have my anemone under t5's, and before that under PC lighting, so yours should do fine.

Word of advice - watch very closely where the anemone roams the first couple of months. After 2 months of being in one position mine tried to go suicidal a year ago and throw itself into a powerhead.