The Dr. Has gone insane Re-build

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Well, picked up a 7footer 7x2x2 today! I also recently ordered a masterflex pump to feed my calcium reactor.

Stay tuned for another tank build and redirection of this old oceanic tank! Goona be slooooow but good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Does the tank still have the assembly tag on it? If so, what is the date? I meant to look, but I forgot. The one in my basement is 1989, I think.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
jda123;673504 said:
Does the tank still have the assembly tag on it? If so, what is the date? I meant to look, but I forgot. The one in my basement is 1989, I think.
Didn't notice... I'll look tomorrow. I can tell you it's heavy. Lol. I'm removing the top trim and giant center brace and doing a euro brace while I'm resealing her. This is goona be fun.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Balz3352;673506 said:
You're gonna love consistency of that masterflex for the feed on your reactor. And by feed hopefully pulling through the reactor not pushing
That's the plan. Hopefully I can pull the water.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Update phone video. Also, the wife kinda put the kibosh on the 7footer. I'll probably be ordering a new custom tank for then basement rebuild. We are remodeling the kitchen and removing the wall where the tank currently is. Also, in the front of the house our place glows a bit more than I like. People knock on the door wanting to take a peek. Lol

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Balz3352;673506 said:
You're gonna love consistency of that masterflex for the feed on your reactor. And by feed hopefully pulling through the reactor not pushing
The masterflex system is kinda amazing! Fatal control and I'm using less co2. So glad I did it. All the problems I have ever had are tied to inconsistent alkalinity levels. Then again... all my problems I have ever had are tied to alkalinity levels! Lol two or three weeks in and lovin it!
PH in the reactor is a little consistent.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Pics seem to work about half the time for me. The wav pumps are great. Powerful, nice control. Made a bit more noise at first than I was hoping for (less than the old vortec pumps) but quieted down nicely after break in. My wood floors seem to amplify sound...next tank will be on carpet. I do pull them out every month or so as they seem to gather algae in the back section of the pump. They move more water than the older mp40 as well. The top power they run at in my tank is 75% and they ramp up and down from that. I have them at 20% or so in the evening so I never notice the sound. Overall I recommend them highly.