The Dr. Has gone insane Re-build

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just did one too. 125G, 50G on the side as a grow-up, isolation tank. Neat, clean, easy to get to - I have mine at waist/chest level so that I don't have to bend over anymore and I can store stuff underneath it (also less head upstairs).

All that I have to do to change water is move a few ball valves and wait for a minute or two.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
for anyone running controllers with basement sumps how do you deal with some of it needing to be upstairs and the rest down? I'd want the control to be with the tank as well as 1 pc4.The other pc4 and sl1 would need to be in the basement. Do they sell those cables that connect them in longer lengths?

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
actually found them on the digital aquatics site. they come in lengths from 1 foot all the way up to 50 feet. 20 feet costs about 18 bucks. not too bad.

I'd love any input on easy to avoid mistakes people have made. Learn from others...

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh crud, I mighta mis-taken your system. Do you use USB or is it an analog cable?

I have a 50' USB...

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Has anyone used their heat ducts to run spa flex to a remote fish room. I have a family room that is on a concrete slab. It has three air ducts running to the furnace in the basement (duct is in the floor) It is almost a straight shot and a large diameter tube. Any thoughts on using 14' of this to plumb to the sump in the basement? I easily pushed a tape measure thru it today. I also don't think it would block too much air flow. Thoughts! Stupid? Genius????!!! lol

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think you can do it but what about when the heater comes on? Or AC comes on?

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'd say delete/block off one of the vents for this use. Then you don't have to be concerned about heat or cold.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I can not block off the vent all together... I wish I could. The 300 gallons of total water volume isn't going to be affected by the limited contact time in the vent. The only real worry for me is condensation... also, that spa flex id pricey! Cost almost 200 for the project.