The Time has come for Pizza, Beer, and tank moving!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
So the wall is out as of now!! Time to move the tank from my yard to the downstairs. The construction guys will be around to help if we do it on tues afternoon, or could be done over the weekend if we can rally enough people and some suction cups. Need about 6-7 people for this. The tank isnt all that heavy but its huge, and awkward, so the more the merrier

Anyone have some suction cups I can borrow or rent? 4-8 of them would be great
And who is available and able for either of the following? Sat anytime, Sun anytime, Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning/afternoon

Beer and Pizza if we do it over the weekend/holiday :D

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I am available Tuesdays after 5:30 or most weekends

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've got 3-4 HF suction cups that moved my 300g I can loan. Not sure I can help on this one, I'm actually overdue to go to the doc for some ongoing leg and back problems since my tank move 3 months ago.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I think I have a line on enough suction cups, but i'll keep them in mind, thanks

Now we need manpower and the more I look at this, the more people I think we need. It will be super fun I promise ;)

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Well been doing some more measuring and planning for the move, and it looks like I might need to take my stairs out to get it in... ugh, but this gives the possibility of finding a lift to help do most of the hard part. If I can find one.
Anyone know where to find a compact scissor lift to rent? Something like either of these
http://www.directindustry.com/prod/a...tm_campaign=CA
or
http://www.carguygarage.com/lbservicestoragn.html
or
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200612504_200612504

One of these would make things quite a bit easier I think. Other thoughts?

SeaMonkey

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't think I can help this weekend since my parents are coming to town but I do have a lift like the one in your third link you can borrow.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
SeaMonkey;n658004 said:
I don't think I can help this weekend since my parents are coming to town but I do have a lift like the one in your third link you can borrow.
Excellant..pm sent

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Looks like Tuesday evening is going to be my window of opportunity. Likely will be working with the construction guys to remove the last of the obstacles all day Tuesday, and move the tank in in the evening. Also will have a few of the construction guys to help with lifting, but still could use as many hands as we can muster for this final leg of the race. Most of the move will be sliding it with only a few stair and an awkward drop into the basement. Once down I will be sliding the tank off to the side for now though, as I am still working on tile and stuff on the stand, but getting it down here is a huge milestone.
Still beer, pizza and maybe some strippers or something once its down ;)

zinovate

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wish I could help, good luck guys. Can't wait to see that awesome tank in place.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Alright, thanks to SeaMonkey and JoshHill this is going to be quite a bit easier. :silentbob:
Still would love to have anyone that is able to make it here though, Tues around 5:30, as you can never have enough people for something like this.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Awesome guys. Thanks

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member