The Versatile Frag Plug Project.

spinycheek

Featured Sponsors
Featured Sponsor
I'm still playing with those as the first ones worked kind-of, but left something to be desired. I want to make sure that these work really well before producing them, so the designs are still being tweaked, but I think they should be available this year. They are needing to use more rubbery material, so it's new territory for me. Hopefully I can beta-test version 2.0 soon.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Where do we order at, for the life of me my searches are coming up empty

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
As far as materials, forget if it was said but what about food grade silicone? IE what they are making some of the newer cooking utensils out of. (Any grocery store has a few to see what I mean) Different levels of pliability, can get rigidity by something inside it. (More complicated I'm sure for your production but just saying. Now making basting brushes and whisks with it.

spinycheek

Featured Sponsors
Featured Sponsor
Fitz19d;n645641 said:
As far as materials, forget if it was said but what about food grade silicone? IE what they are making some of the newer cooking utensils out of. (Any grocery store has a few to see what I mean) Different levels of pliability, can get rigidity by something inside it. (More complicated I'm sure for your production but just saying. Now making basting brushes and whisks with it.
I think silicone will be the final material of choice, but it's very difficult to prototype with for such tiny parts, I'd basically have to invest in a fancy, heated silicone injection mold just to try out a new design. So for now, I'm playing with urethanes that have similar flexibility and rubberiness, because I can mold those at home. Again, new territory, so it takes a while to learn the ropes, but it's very interesting and fun for me, so I'll keep at it until I get it right.

spinycheek

Featured Sponsors
Featured Sponsor
Ok. Trying a new thing today. Just got my new inserts for making agrocrete mounts with a threaded port on the bottom. I've never made agrocrete, so I imagine this will turn out badly the first time.

The 3D printed part has external threads to drive into the cement, then internal threads for the Coralok adapters. The idea here is that you will be able to attach the Rock Anchor or Sand Anchor, or any future "posts" to a more traditional, natural looking mount.

And here's a terrible phone picture of the process. The white insert is about the size of a blueberry.

Just started, so I'll check to see how they've set up in a day or 2.

spinycheek

Featured Sponsors
Featured Sponsor
Redesign of the softie smasher. This is a two material model. Hard plastic frame with a rubbery/flexible net. On this version, the net is replaceable or interchangeable, should it need changed.

When placed on the Disc

spinycheek

Featured Sponsors
Featured Sponsor
Visited the factory today to check out completed mold number 1 for making the discs. The project manager thought they looked best in clear, so all the sample pieces were clear :)

Anyway, they look terrific, they work perfectly and now I just have to choose a color to start production.

Tango

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks good i cant wait . Just wish u had the sps holder avaliable since i got some sps i am not mounting till i get my new frag plugs.lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

spinycheek

Featured Sponsors
Featured Sponsor
Tango;n646668 said:
Looks good i cant wait . Just wish u had the sps holder avaliable since i got some sps i am not mounting till i get my new frag plugs.lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Have an ideal color in mind?