TheCoralShop...what a disaster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Heres my 2 cents. If this was a personal transactions it should be handled as such. Mike was breaking down his personal tank and getting rid of stuff, this was obviously a personal transaction. I cant stress this enough. Business is Business and personal is personal. I personally dont belioeve "The Coral Shop" should have been thrown into this.
Was Even justified by his post? Not my place to say. DId Mike handle this the way it should have been? Again, not my place to say. What I can say is this, I have done numorus transactions with "The Coral Shop", Ive nenver had any issues with anything, and Mike has always been good to through in goodies and freebies when Im over there.
I will not touch on who may be right and who may be wrong here, all I know is Business is Business and personal is personal, if this was infact a personal transaction I dont believe vendor feed back is nessacary and this should be handled between Mike and Evan, your both good guys IMO, Im sure you can work this out.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Haddonisreef;200267 said:
My .02 close this thread!
+1 gotten out of hand. Hopefully they can talk and figure things out. Personal transactions mixed with business stuff is like lending $ to family. Things get messy.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is childish. The last month has been nothing but screw this guy screw that guy will it ever end? Nope well ill just shut up now.

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, I thought I would post and see if Mike would respond since he wouldn’t to any texts. I figured I would give it until tonight and see. Wow, didn’t expect so much of a response. I’ll try to keep this as short as I can.

The Coral Shop.com;200180 said:
This is out of control.... first I'd like to say the thread is full of false comments and references to what REALLY happened and to throw it out publicly like this is not cool. Even with me your story changed twice maybe more..

In this statement you have called me out as a liar. In another setting, we would have issues beyond typing in a forum. You’ve opened the gate, so here we go.

In both mine and my better half’s profession, a simple white lie would have us terminated from our careers. Deceit is not something I practice in the least, nor is it something I put up with. This is why I am so principle driven and hence posting this for other members to have the feedback.

On a personal note, those that know me very well know that I'm about as laid back as it gets, so this is not normal for me. Things did take a turn in our communication but ONLY after I was painted as a liar and that I was just pulling things out of the air. I'm surprised I remained as tactful as I did.

THE THREE TO FOUR NEM COMMENT IS NOT TRUE.. AT ALL... I CAN'T GIVE YOU WHAT WAS NOT THERE... UNFORTUNATELY I KNEW A THREAD LIKE THIS WAS COMING.. :(

You’re right, you should have known a thread was coming in how you have handled this from the beginning and the way I had to post to elicit a response from you to a resolution.

IT WAS ONE NEM ONLY ONE WE ALL LOOKED AT THE SAME ROCK AND IT HAD ONE... PERHAPS THE SIZE OF THE ONE LOOKED LIKE THREE I DON'T KNOW BUT I KNOW FOR A FACT AND OTHER PEOPLE THAT DAY AND AFTER SAW THE SAME......... ONE!!

This is comical. Like I am, or ever was trying to squeeze you for more nems. That is good comedy. I don’t need more nems. I just wanted what I paid for and what you represented. I absolutely, positively would not have posted this grievance over a single anemone. It’s the totality of the situation and how you operate that brought this about.

Here’s some good comedy for those reading…I’m so VERY sure that you had people come to your place and you directed them straight to a rock with a nem and the clowns hosting them, so they could make note 3 months later of the fact there was only 1 there!! I don’t know of anyone personally that has that kind of photographic or CIA operative-type memory. LOL, oh wait I know a couple, but they are exactly that type. I’m sure they were on hand that day.

ON A SIDE NOTE IT WASN'T A CORAL SHOP TRANSACTION IT WAS FROM MY PERSONAL TANK AND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH MY COMPANY... I offered a replacement and through all the rude comments etc I decided it was time to cut communication with this person...

Lets address the “side note”. Then maybe you shouldn’t have posted it in “TheCoralShop” vendor thread. Maybe you shouldn’t have used your business to entice me to let you pass the clowns to a third party. Seems now that there is a problem all of a sudden you want to delineate the two?

FIRST YOU WERE DOWN WITH CORALS IN REPLACEMENT FOR THEM AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THAT WASN'T GOING TO WORK THEN A REPLACEMENT WAS OFFERED AND WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH UNTIL I SAID I'M DONE HEARING ABOUT HOW THE "OTHER VENDORS" pull their bs AND he should have expected this from a GARAGE VENDOR.... Really?

AGAIN, I was EXPLICIT in my communication with you that I was NOT interested in corals in trade for the anemone(s), from the first mention of it by YOU!!! This is documented…so move on. The way this was handled by you, there was absolutely no way I wanted to do any more business with you. How in the world would I pick coral in trade for the clownfish without having to do business with you?? Did you forget about that?? You only offered to send me a single anemone. Really, what about the value of the clownfish in the deal (THAT I ALREADY BOUGHT!!) and the fact that I know there was more than a single anemone left?? Of course I declined your proposition. That wasn’t a valid solution.

MIND YOU THIS WAS A PERSONAL TRANSACTION....

See above comment…again.

$100 FOR 7 LARGE ROSE NEMS IS A RIP OFF??? THEN BEING TOLD THE CLOWNS WERE GOING TO BE A PROBLEM AND HE WASN'T SURE WHAT DO WITH THEM OTHER THAN TAKE THE NEM (ONE NEM MIND YOU) AND SELL THE CLOWNS... OH AND MY BAD TO LET THEM GO WITH ONE NEM THAT THEY'VE BEEN PAIRED WITH FOR 4 YEARS WAS THE WRONG THING TO DO... NOT IMO maybe I'm the only one who gets attached to their fish and well being :)

Talk about twisting things and uttering false comments. NEVER did I say the original deal was a “rip off”. YOU posted the price, I paid it.

What I ACTUALLY told you about the clowns is that I would have to shuffle my current pairs. I mentioned that I might have to sell a pair, who knows I might have sold one of my pair and kept the maroons, which I was actually leaning toward. I told you “I” would figure it out. AGAIN…wasn’t that my decision to make since I bought/owned them, you took it upon yourself to sell them with the Nem’s?!? And seriously, the maroon clowns in question would only host that ONE SINGLE nem, no other nem?!? Good comedy, lets get real here.

REALLY?? A FULL REFUND FOR 6-7 NEMS THAT GO FOR $40 T0 $80....

NEVER, EVER asked for a full refund. Where’d you dig that comment up??

Sorry Evan but I can't even read your whole book about my company (mind you this was a personal deal) because of how you've twisted the facts and perhaps through your own misunderstanding of the transaction and what WAS REALLY said about the nem (NOT plural..) which there was one ONLY one...

Again, stop trying to separate yourself from TheCoralShop, you are TheCoralShop. I don’t see you actively on this forum in any other way then under “TheCoralShop”, which is exactly where this sale was initiated. That is just deflection from the issue at hand. Most people see the business owner in a small business as one-in-the-same with the business. After all, where does a small business get it’s ethics and business practices if not from the owner, that’s as personally attached as it gets. You’re not a faceless corporation.
Here is where the buck stops ultimately; I purchased livestock at an owners asking price. I was only allowed to pick up a portion because of this person’s lack of preparation. Out of my flexibility I allowed the person to not tear apart his tank to get clownfish and a rock/nems that “was holding up all the other rock in my tank”. That flexibility on my part to allow the deal to continue, is what bit me in the rear. This person sold ALL the remaining livestock, against the specific instructions of the new owner, and then was not willing to reconcile reasonably.

Even if I were to play devil’s advocate against myself here, and hypothetically say there was only one nem. Does that discount the fact that I explicitly told this person I wanted the nem regardless of what happened with the fish side? Does that discount the fact that the nem was sold against my wishes? Did I not own the livestock at the time I paid the asking price? Is this unreasonable?

I leave you with this Mike (and anyone reading). Can we agree that at the time you were paid your asking price for the livestock in question, did I not own the livestock?? If we can agree on that, lets move to the next question. If by whatever the situation unfolded (beaten to death now), you sold some of this livestock to someone else and it was against the satisfaction of the “rightful” owner, then why would the resolution be on YOUR terms? And lastly, I NEVER asked for a refund. Let’s say that hypothetically you sold the remaining nem’s and clownfish for say $60. Would it not be reasonable to reimburse me that exact amount as it was actually my livestock you were selling at that point?? That is what I asked for and what you firmly said no to. THESE are the issues at hand.

The ball is in Mike's court, has been for over a month.

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lastly on my part, for anyone reading the feedback I posted who desires to know more...almost everything other than my time at the house that day, is documented in text messages. ANYONE that would like to see them, I'm completely transparent with this and have no problems showing anyone interested that wants to make up their own mind. The end.

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Personal is personal. Buisness is business... Can we close this thread now and stop wasting the BODS time? Up to you. Thanks....

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Enough is enough. Please pm me with any concerns on closing but this thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.