dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
really the site says 50g ...and mine is a cube that is about 20x15x20
hopefully he will chime n here

Ummfish

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
It would probably be fine. They like room to swim, but they don't have to have it. Matt was keeping them in a 24 gal. (and by them, I think he had three or four). I wouldn't keep more than a pair, though, since I've seen them get pretty aggressive with each other.

"Reef safe" is a relative term. I've seen lots of yellow tangs picking at clams and LPS. Are those "reef safe"? Given that these are already eating mysis shrimp, as long as you keep them well-fed they probably won't do much damage.

Thanks, Gale. I think I'm going to wait for the heat to abate a bit before I get a new pair, though.

hoodrat

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
oh yeah when they post they dont last for very long at all but hey both the pairs of angels I like are still there.....

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
why are they so "cheap" considering that they seem kinda rare ..is it because they can be hard to keep alive?

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't think they are that rare. I see them all the time on LiveAquaria. They may even become more and more available if other people start to breed them (hard).

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
liveaquaria is the only place i see them though ...anyone else have them?

Ummfish

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
They aren't rare at all. But back in the day when people decided that they were impossible to keep, the importers did a fantastic thing and stopped importing them. Now that they are not so impossible, places like Live Aquaria that are willing to spend a lot of time training them to alternative foods are starting to bring them in.

Now, why the importers never stopped bringing in some of the harder anemones, sea pens, flame scallops, etc., I'll never know. There are plenty of things that should only be available by special order. But the system actually worked in this case.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
look for them again tonight on divers den....wish i didn't just spend all my money on another order :(

Ummfish

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I wasn't feeling well yesterday and didn't look at the DD email. :(

BTW, if anyone wants to see a really healthy OL in a reef environment, Aqua Imports has a lovely male in the display tank next to the cash register. He really looks good, both in terms of keeping weight on and overall color and vigor.

Aqua imports have two different types file fish in that tank by the register. They said one of them eats aptasia!

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's probably a bristletail filefish. Ugly little guys but they are so cool.....I have one in my tank that helps my copperband buttlerfly keep the aiptasia at bay.