Things are gonna be tight

Edit: was apparently wrong

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
No...they came to a final agreement. Takes a couple days to draft up and by law has to be placed in public view for 3 days. The stop gap just keeps the gov running till then.

little_fish

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
You know what is pathetic? The money that they were arguing over was .007% of the total budget. Personally i think they just want to push their own religious agenda. Government is not suppose to be about that!

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Heffe01;86740 said:
Well looks like a deal has finally been struck. A big weight has been lifted off alot of peoples shoulders. I know I for one am happy, and feel alot better about things now.
Just cuz a deal was made, doesn't mean they fixed the problem. We will just have the same problem when this one runs out.

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
There are 2 measures going through. The first keeps the government open till the second can be signed into law. Thats just cause it will take till then to sign the budget that covers the rest of the fiscal year into law. They already have the votes for it, and then it will need to be viewible by the public for 72 hours before the president can sign it. Granted its not 100%, but they will take alot more heat for not approving it now. They dont want a uprising on their hands. Then we will go through this whole mess again in 6 months.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm glad the military will get paid. Being in the Navy for eight years gives me some sympathy for them.
As for some of the posts that want to push the blame on the Glenn Beck followers I have a different target for them.
If Congress would have done their jobs last year, there would have been a budget and the Republicans wouldn't
have this political weapon to play with. As for political games being played with such a small percentage of the budget.....
If we can't cut the small stuff, do you REALLY think the morons in Congress will agree on the big stuff?

This country is broke and we need to cut EVERYTHING. The only reason I separate the military personnel out of the
equation is because those brave men and women are standing up and protecting our right to become Glenn Beckified or Keith Olbermannified or Chris Matthewsified or Rachel Maddowified or Sean Hannitized.