Timers

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
Looking at timer options. Normally use the 2 plug digital timers from the hardware store. Going to have more lights the go around with leds and may want to get a little more creative with when they come on at different times ect.

Just wanted to see if there was a better option. Or just what others use.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use the coralife digital timers, gives you 2 on "day" and 2 on "night" the only problem with them is that they lose time slowly.

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
rockys_pride;77294 said:
Currently trying out the Lowes equivalent to the coralife timer only $20, gives 4 controllable 4 constant on/off outlets.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Ooh that sounds more like what I need

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
rockys_pride;77294 said:
Currently trying out the Lowes equivalent to the coralife timer only $20, gives 4 controllable 4 constant on/off outlets.

does this version give you control over all 4 timed interdependently? vs the pet timers I am finding give you 2 with one setting and 2 with another setting.

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
rockys_pride;77347 said:
Yes

excellent! sounds like this should do the trick. roomate was at lowes just had her pick one up for me.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I might have to go and get one, now that I know that they are all independent i can get rid of the seperate ones and run them in one unit

I'm also using the Lowes timer. Can't figure out how to program the stupid thing though. It has 8 outlets on it. The story on the box says 4 are always hot and 4 can be programed individually. Right now I DO get 4 that are always hot, but the other 4 all react to the programming for the #1 outlet. It's either broken or I'm just stupid. :confused:

I've tried - a hundred times. I can get the #1 outlet to run my MH light, but all the rest of the outlets on that side are on the same program. Tried to program the #2 outlet and it still reacts to the #1 programming.

I gave up.

Would be willing hand over some frags if you can help me figure out how to program this darn thing. I have some superman mushrooms that ain't bad to look at, but I know lots of people wouldn't be caught dead with a mushroom in their tank. Or perhaps you'd like a polyp from my red and green blasto wellsi?

I'm in Longmont frequently, so would be willing to meet you off hwy 66 and hwy 287 with a frag and the timer if you'll help me program it in my buddies garage.

PM or email if interested.

I've got a rock with one superman mushroom about 1" or 1.5" across. It's yours if you can meet me in Longmont sometime and show me how to program this thing.

THANKS!! PM me when you're ready to get together. We'll program the timer, swap a frag and have a beer in my friends shop. We'll be working on the race car or some other project involving horse power and beers.

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
Crit21;77394 said:
I'm just using $5 dial-type timers from Walmart. You can set it at 15 minute intervals.
I have one of those not a fan. Nothing but digital for me now.

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
anyone figure out how to program the 4 on the timed side independently of each other? just tried to set mine up and all i can find is the 7 on/off programs nothing for the sockets.