toadstool splitting?

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes they do split. Sometimes a piece will fall off and will grow, or you can force a piece to fall.

You could wait on that one to finish or help it along by seperating them yourself.

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm curious about how the toadstool did. Mine is at the same point as your third picture. I was wondering if it will completely split by itself or if I will need to help it.

it did it all on its own. it actually ended up splitting into 3 separate ones and my clownfish are now hosting in it even though I have 2 rbtas in the tank.

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Great. I'll look forward to seeing it do its thing. I have a naked clown hosting mine.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You could actually take a toadstool and cut into small pieces like 1/4" cubes and they each will grow into toadstools.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Smiley;276970 said:
You could actually take a toadstool and cut into small pieces like 1/4" cubes and they each will grow into toadstools.
We have done this many times at the store.

GWA

[attachment=65398:name]
[attachment=65399:name]
here are two pictures of what it looks like right now so you can compare them to before.

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here is where mine is now [attachment=65401:name]

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
We have several displays that have the identical leathers in them. They also do the same things that yours are doing. We just pick them up and put them in the sump or take them back to the shop for growth. Really kind of cool when they do this.