trade for help to remove my sunburst from a rock

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I am now non weight bearing and still am having issues with getting my nem off this rock I had a powerhead pointed at it for a while but it wouldn't move anyone want to try their luck? I have a few frags some small colonys maybe a nem?

Last edited by a moderator:

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
You should try rubbing the foot thats what i do and it always works for me

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Take the rock its on and hang it upside down out of the tank with the anemone hanging in the water after 20 mins or so it will either let go or be loose and it wont harm it at all.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Corner of a credit card works good I actually took one of my kids play cake spatulas thats triangle shapped

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
or I might be able to come over in the morning tomorrow

SkyDiv3r17

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
The easiest thing to do IMO is to just use a smal air pump. Cut the tubing at a 45 degree angle and place the bubbling end at the most bottum part of his foot. He'll come of in 5 minutes.

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Did you end up getting him out? I am up the street and can come over and try. Just was busy this weekend so couldn't make it over.

I have had success getting my gbta's off of rocks with the dangling method and using an ice cube rubbed around their foot. The ice makes them let go real quick

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Checking in on you again, did you ever get him?

I've recently removed 2 from my tank, the first was TERRIBLE. The 2nd was much better...I used the technique similar to someone above...I put a small GPH pump with the angled cut at it's foot and it released. I liked the small pump because i was afraid of blasting it and causing damage.

Can always increase size slightly...

High Plains Reefer;327671 said:
sorry went to sleep it was a long day I think I can get up on my bench and get that rock out of there I think

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
he started moving on me for some reason and he moved to a rock i can get out so now he is in the sump I am thinking about setting up a nem tank so I can make the split naturally instead of cutting them so I pulled a 5 gallon bucket of chaeto out of a tank and I will try to use that one