Two new Hamilton 250 w pendants.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
I bought two MH pendants. I am told they are Hamilton's that were purchased at Aqua Mart a few years ago.

My question is how high off the water is optimum for these lights. They will cover 48" x 24" and 12" deep. I'm having problems finding information about these light because there are no markings on the pendants and the drivers only say electronic ballasts.

Does anyone have any suggestions or information about these lights?

These are the bulbs in the pendants.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
you will probably want them 18-24 inches off the water. Also, they need new bulbs. Order some 14k phoenix bulbs or 20k hamilton's. I strongly recommend the 14k phoenixs.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
jda123;643569 said:
The Phoenix 14K is going to be a bit bluer on those electronic ballasts. Still a nice looking bulb, but closer to 20K than 14K.
That's good to know I loved the way my 20k were before I took a break in 2009.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;643620 said:
Hey Doug, any idea what the old bulbs he has are?
Those are the same marking on my Phoenix 14k DE 250 bulb.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Miah2bzy;643671 said:
Those are the same marking on my Phoenix 14k DE 250 bulb.
So those are the Phoenix then? That's great news considering I was told they have six months of use on them.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sctip;n643681 said:
So those are the Phoenix then? That's great news considering I was told they have six months of use on them.
the coloration on the inside makes me think they have much more than 6 months of use on them. But if they truly only have 6 months of use on them you could use them for another 4-6 months.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sctip;n643681 said:
Lookup the markings on google images and it'll pull up phoenix 14k bulbs. I mark my bulbs in permanent marker on the non-glass part with the date so I know when I installed them, I ran for a year at 4 hours per day and then replaced them - kept them in the old box (labeled again with the end date) - this way you'll always have backups in a pinch or can't afford to buy bulbs when they go out.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;n643688 said:
the coloration on the inside makes me think they have much more than 6 months of use on them. But if they truly only have 6 months of use on them you could use them for another 4-6 months.
I'd keep them as backups and replace them - never know how long "6 months" is to someone. That sounded really vague to me and those bulbs do look older than 6 months like you said.