Vacation to Palm beach, Florida

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey guys. Going down to Florida for a week in August and was wondering if anyone has been down there and had any suggestions for things to do and companies. I'm terrified of open water and sharks so I've emailed a company about diving with them and plan to do some snorkeling to face my fears. If you know any fish stores to visit around there or anything fun around palm beach please let me know!

greeleyram3

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Is palm Beach down south? We went to the keys in January and went snorkeling for the first time and it was AWESOME!!!! The piers were teeming with fish. Especially sergeant major damsels. Even caught a shark night fishing just on the side of the road. If your close enough to the keys I would definitely suggest going!

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know you can buy a license to collect fish, maybe coral too. Scott Chase knows more about that, you might ask him.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
The Everglades are sweet but a bit of a drive from Palm Beach. If you go to the keys though, you will be close anyway. I went Scuba Diving in Jupiter, just north of palm beach. Last February with Jupiter Dive Center. Great dives. We did see lots of sharks but that time of year is a migration period. Still, great diving, also saw a bunch of Huge groupers, turtles, etc.