Saying Hello

Fishfry14

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hi I'm Tom.

I’ve had aquariums since 90’s and I’m finally getting back into the salt side. I like aquariums because they are very relaxing...at least they have the potential to be relaxing in between all the long periods of complete frustration. ;)

I’ve been away from the salt side since the early ‘00s. Previously I've had a 29 & 30 gallon FOWLR & Reef tanks. I left the salt side in part because everything (cooling fans, overflow, pumps etc.) was too loud to be relaxing. I was also traveling a lot and FW was more conducive to my schedule.

I've always wanted a larger tank and to also get back into the salt side. It's taken me a long time and I've been patient because "I wanted to do it right". For me this means having the space and ability to setup a proper RODI, mixing station and to minimize carrying buckets. I was in a small house in Denver and it just wasn't practical.

I'm now living in the suburbs and I have more room to work with. Late last year I put RODI and mixing station in my basement. A couple of months ago I started a 75 gallon Innovative Marine Int. tank. I'll do a build thread at some point soon. The tank is very lightly stocked. I hope to get involved with the community as I continue to stock the tank, and make more enhancements and upgrades to my setup.

Nice to meet all of you.

Tom

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Welcome back to the addiction, and welcome to the club.

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome and thanks for the intro. Sounds like you are no stranger to the joys and frustrations that come with this hobby.

Looking forward to seeing your build thread, at some point. You could post a couple photos in the meantime.

Happy reefing!