Volunteers for MACNA 2014

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I'm signed up for Sunday. If my schedule permits I'll try to get in on the set-up action. I was able to help out at a big reef convention held in Seattle a few years ago and it was a lot of fun.

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
scchase;318888 said:
And if you have just spoke with someone about volunteering please send an email to volunteers@macnaconference.org so you can be slotted in.
Yep, I contacted them last week. We agreed that they'd get my first born if I'm a no-show. (Little do they know, our cat is the closest we'll ever get to a child :) )

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
We take felines as well!! :)

Reminder... we are still looking for a few folks to help out.... drop us a note and come be part of the Mile High MACNA! Trust me... it's much closer this year than it will be next year!

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Woot, I just signed up! Sounds like there are plenty of spots left to be filled! This is a great opportunity to get involved, and the less it costs to get in the more $$ you have left over to spend at MACNA!!!

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can do some hours on Saturday.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Contact them via email, the address is at the beginning of this thread.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
If your wanting to volunteer I wuld get in touch with them soon, I think the last training class for volunteers is this Saturday, I could be wrong though

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
It might depend on the position you volunteer for. (Training). I volunteered for mindless heavy lifting. I haven't heard of a training class, but now would be a good time to find out if it is required.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it. It will be my first reef-event in Co. I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Are there any MASC unofficial diner plans for the club?

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I do want to warn you, I got assigned a 9 hour shift. I was also told that I wouldn't have any time to catch a lecture or shop more than a few vendors, and then only if it gets slow. I'm not complaining, I'm actually really excited about it. I just wanted to make sure people know what they are signing on for.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Yeah it depends, I thought I signed up for a 3 hour shift and somehow have two 3 hour shifts. Again not complaining but like above stated be prepared for volunteering not really much else. Good thing I don't really care about lectures and only want to go to see all the awesome vendors.

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
How do you know what you got assigned? I signed up for a 3 hour shift on Saturday. I was told thats what I got. I also have a 1.5 hour training this Saturday which is wierd but whatever lol.

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok same here Im signed up for 3 hours on Saturday.