vortech Night Mode

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm wondering what everyone else is doing. Do you use the Night Mode feature on your vortech pump? why or why not?

I used it for about a year, then the timing kept getting off so I turned the feature off. Not really sure if i've seen any difference. What's your experience been?

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have an mp10 in my 40 breeder and looking to get a second one. I currently do not run night mode but have been wanting to for quite some time. I just got an Apex and will be getting a WXM module to control the Vortech. IncenIfo, I plan on trying out the night mode. So far corals have been growing pretty well. But all of the zoas close up at night while other corals feed. I think keeping it calm at night will help with feeding and possibly reproduction. Following along to see what others think.

Last edited by a moderator:

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've been thinking about getting a WXM and the wireless upgrade. I'm sure the timing on the pump wouldn't get out of sync if you are using the WXM.

Anyone else using or not using Night Mode? I know a ton of you have these pricy little gadgets :money:

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What mode do you run during the day?

I just picked up a new MP40wQD unit, trying to get dialed in :)

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I do reef crest too. Pretty sure Cris at Aquatic Art does too

clowninaround7474

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I run reef crest also. I have 2 so they are set on anti-sync