Has anyone seen spawning of coral.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So look in my tank today and thought wow there are a lot of micro bubbles floating around. Usually this signals me that is time to clean. I turned all the pumps off and I notice it still there but can look closer. It almost looks like strands of sand floating around. But it is most definitely not sand.

Does anyone have any ideas?

My clam has been kind of closed for couple days and today he is wide wide open. Nice extension on his mantle.

I put on filter sock and I am making water to do water change. Any other thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I dont know if it spawned or if its something else. I find it hard to believe I have the husbandry for that to happen.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Possibly could be hydroid spawns. Those spawn really easily (though they are a little invasive). When you look real close, did they look and pulse almost like really tiny jellyfish (like the size of a copepod tiny)? I had the same thing happen a few times in my 125 and thought it was a coral spawn until I turned off the pumps for a second and looked real close.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Possibly could be hydroid spawns. Those spawn really easily (though they are a little invasive). When you look real close, did they look and pulse almost like really tiny jellyfish (like the size of a copepod tiny)? I had the same thing happen a few times in my 125 and thought it was a coral spawn until I turned off the pumps for a second and looked real close.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MASC mobile app
I dont have anything that looks like hydroid I guess time will tell.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Got any macro caulerpa in the tank? When they go sexual the tank can look like that

Sent from my Nexus 6 using MASC mobile app