want to host a meeting?....

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Josh we are talking right now about a good month for your meeting :). BUT we still need more volunteers for meeting hosts peeps. We love hosting meetings every month but at the same time we NEED volunteers in order to host those meetings. We don't want to have to skip months because there are no volunteers to help us host them. It doesn't matter where you are located in Colorado, it can be north, south, east ,west, just let us know and we will do our best to squeeze you into the year. Hopefully we can get some more volunteers as the well is running a little dry.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Just a side not we are also playing with some ideas that would split up the home meetings to be smaller so more manageable for peopel at your house. So if interested in a smaller meeting please speak up and say what would work for you.

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've fit over 100 in my studio before for gallery showings, so we shouldn't have a crowding problem.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would host a meeting. I am 30 min. from almost everywhere. Im in brighton off I-76 and bridge. I would be down for april or may.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I _think_ we have a place for April at the moment, but I'm not sure about May. We will keep you informed through PM, thanks for the offer!!!

Anybody else?

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can't speak for the other Brightonians, but if we could all work out a day, 4 of us are within a mile radius of each other. Maybe we could have a "parade of tanks" up here so everyone doesn't have to drive all the way up here just to see one tank?

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jerry and I where just talking about that same idea there are 5 of us in brighton maybe 6...? I know the guy came and got a dbtc frag from me and have not seen him since....

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
We up for something! Let me see if we can get some salty reps, besides the local seachem rep! Sunday eve after hours at the store. Let us know.

Matt_Arian

For Stuffing!
M.A.S.C Club Member
This probably has already been considered, but has anyone thrown the idea of getting a room reserved at a restaurant or a hotel out there? I know of a few good places on the south end of Denver that would have more than enough capacity for a few hundred folks, and I'm pretty sure we could get a quantity/party discount. I know it costs money, but if the cost were split between attending members, wouldn't that suffice? Plus food, drinks and a good congregation area are added benefits.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: want to host a meeting?....

Matt_Arian;221027 said:
This probably has already been considered, but has anyone thrown the idea of getting a room reserved at a restaurant or a hotel out there? I know of a few good places on the south end of Denver that would have more than enough capacity for a few hundred folks, and I'm pretty sure we could get a quantity/party discount. I know it costs money, but if the cost were split between attending members, wouldn't that suffice? Plus food, drinks and a good congregation area are added benefits.
Speak up, speak up!!!! What restaurants you got in mind that can hold a few hundred people?

Matt_Arian

For Stuffing!
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jeez, several! Champp's, Chinooks Tavern, Thai Basil, Hacienda Colorado, LoDo's Bar... I guess the question should be, what kind of food do you like? I have a few good connections around the south end of Denver here, so if you think of any place you want to do, just let me know!

Have you guys thought of doing any outdoor events? Hell, come this summer we could have an outdoor biergarten sponsored by my old company. Here's an example of what I did last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cczz7-eJaM0 so just let me know if you want to do something like this for any outdoor event, or any beer event for that matter.

Matt_Arian

For Stuffing!
M.A.S.C Club Member
I guess my best bet to see what kind of capacity we'll need is to go to one of these meetings and see for myself. Looks like the February meeting is on the schedule!

I'm cool hosting one at my house but It would be kinda lame as far as the "showing off my tank" part goes..... Lets go check out the little 10 gal seahorse tank at Suzie's lol But hey maybe over the summer I can throw a pool party/bar b q at my house. lol

Matt_Arian

For Stuffing!
M.A.S.C Club Member
Suzanne Lynn;221536 said:
I'm cool hosting one at my house but It would be kinda lame as far as the "showing off my tank" part goes..... Lets go check out the little 10 gal seahorse tank at Suzie's lol But hey maybe over the summer I can throw a pool party/bar b q at my house. lol
It's not the tank size that counts, it's the passion and care reflected from the tank! I'd be up for a pool party this summer, it's probably gonna get toasty at some point.

Funny you're in Elizabeth, I just moved from Franktown. And my God how I want to go back!

Its where the cool people live!! lol but yeah, we'll have to do that and maybe I'll have my (well my parent's) koi pond looking presentable by then. How much does flagstone go for nowadays?

Hey guys, I know I disappeared over the last two years when I moved out of state for school, but I'll be back in Colorado in June. I know the June meeting is up in FoCo at great white, but I'd love to host a meeting. I live in north Fort Collins, and have a ton of space inside, a large outdoor patio, and a pool if anyone brings kids. I'd be up for July or August. I've also been thinking about making some DIY frozen food, and thought that might be fun to do with everyone.

Even if it doesn't work out for the monthly meeting, it'd still be cool to maybe have an informal meetup for the northern guys. I'd like to get back in touch with everyone.

What do you guys think?

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Reefer Addict;310079 said:
Even if it doesn't work out for the monthly meeting, it'd still be cool to maybe have an informal meetup for the northern guys. I'd like to get back in touch with everyone.

What do you guys think?
We were just talking about that in another thread yesterday. Pm me what u were thinking.