Water Changes: how much how often?

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Curious to know how much you change out and how often....

I myself like to stick to 25% WC once a week, sometimes 2 weeks. I do this even if all my tests are within parameters.

Sent from Verizon's satellite to you.....

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I like where your head is at Fred! I do 6 gallons every 3 days which is like 27% every 9 days.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The cyano outbreak in my tank has been telling me I need to start doing more than my usual 10% every 1-2 weeks, lol.

I finally stuck the big blue 55g drum in my tiny kitchen over the weekend, and will be doing 20% weekly from now on. I may split it up into 10% every 4 days or so depending on how the tank's inhabitants react to the larger water changes.

mathewkofalk

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
15 to 18 gallons a week which is about 15 to 18 percent of my systems total. Was thinking of moving that to everytwo weeks but not really wanting to chance it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

SkyDiv3r17

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I do about a 22% WC every 2 to 3 weeks depending on my school schedule.. Im about to up that to every week/2 weeks though.

CRW Reef;269595 said:
I like where your head is at Fred! I do 6 gallons every 3 days which is like 27% every 9 days.
FYI. If you do water changes every 3 days, by the 9th day, you did a 23.5% WC ;P (assuming you have a 72 ish gallon tank?) If you water change 3 days after another WC then your changing out some of the new water, which is where I get the 23.5% ;)

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I do about 5-10 gallon wc once a month that's 9.2% a month

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
50 gallons a week - about 20%

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am not on a schedule, but roughly a 35 or 44 change every other week on either tank. I will do it more often if I add lots of sulfates or chloride ions to the tank with some 2 part if I take my reactor down for a few days.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was doing 40 gallons a week however with my system being so new I switched to 20 gallons a week in a glass mixing container. At 40 gallons I was doing 80% a month way to much for small bio load IMO.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Skim wet which takes about a gallon a day out. Plus do around 30% once a month.

Total water, about 100gal. Water change is 30 gal of a brute trash can once a month.

mathewkofalk

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
You guys ever see the youtuber that didnt do a water change for over a year........he stopped posting videos suddenly.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2