Water heater installer needed!!!!

Yep, it went - Anyone have pretty good skills with this we could hire today or tomorrow? Or, anyone know a company which would service Broomfield and doesn't charge an arm and a leg? Actual experience getting it installed and was happy with their fairness? I know no one is happy with the final price but looking to do this as affordably as possible

replacing an old one - the first guy quoted a huge price saying it was because we needed a pan under it and other stuff was not to code, like $1800 to get a 50 gallon water heater installed.

I've got a call in to 2 other companies to come out but these call-out fees get expensive - have had both these guys out in the past and hopefully get better quotes than $1800. Plus I have water seeping out across the basement floor since apparently the floor slopes away from the drain, lol. What luck.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just replaced mine. Roto Rooter didn't charge to send a guy out, and I thought their price was VERY fair. He also did some extra work to bring it up to code for nothing more than the price of parts. If you can go pick up the replacement heater at HD or Lowes, you'll save a bunch. I did that, and it saved $500. He went and got the little stuff he needed, and hauled the old one away.

Thanks everybody! I love how fast everyone responds when there's an issue!!! LOOOOVE! Hubbie just called and said our local handyman who has done 2 before for our family can do it for like $150 labor which is awe----some!

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FinsUp!;281613 said:
I just replaced mine. Roto Rooter didn't charge to send a guy out, and I thought their price was VERY fair. He also did some extra work to bring it up to code for nothing more than the price of parts. If you can go pick up the replacement heater at HD or Lowes, you'll save a bunch. I did that, and it saved $500. He went and got the little stuff he needed, and hauled the old one away.

I bet you bribed him with cookies :p

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Good_GReef;281616 said:
Thanks everybody! I love how fast everyone responds when there's an issue!!! LOOOOVE! Hubbie just called and said our local handyman who has done 2 before for our family can do it for like $150 labor which is awe----some!
SWEET!!

sethsolomon;281617 said:
I bet you bribed him with cookies :p
No I didn't! It didn't hurt any that he's a fan of great danes, tho.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Roto rooter did me justice as well, I had to dig an 8ft x 6ft x 5ft hole in my back yard to replace a sewer pipe that had collapsed, they replaced the pipe with bullhorn cleanouts, jetted my lines and ran a camera down the lines to make sure there was no more issues all for $450!

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Off The Deep End;281631 said:
Roto rooter did me justice as well, I had to dig an 8ft x 6ft x 5ft hole in my back yard to replace a sewer pipe that had collapsed, they replaced the pipe with bullhorn cleanouts, jetted my lines and ran a camera down the lines to make sure there was no more issues all for $450!

Sent from my SCH-R970C using Tapatalk
Also used cookies. :p

Thanks Cindy, i honestly never would have thought of them for installs, just snaking. Now i know! Hubby watched it all go in so hopefully if it ever happens again, i know I've got this handsome installer around, but it better last a long time lol. It was about 500 something for the heater and a pan (man that would have helped the seepage into my family room, and he only charged 175 for labor. Chatting was free.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Did you have to pay anything for permits? FOCO has a permit for everything....LOL

So does Broomfield. I had to buy a permit last year for a tiny garden fence, a decorative one.

And then never ended up putting up the darn fence as I realized how expensive it would be. Stood at Home Depot staring at all the pieces and parts I would need and bought a ceiling fan instead.

How do you think they sell all those dang fans? Broken dreams. Lol. Every time i pass the neighbors with their cute little fences, i think of that stupid expired permit, lol. I don't even live an HOA, but i have to beg to put in a 24" high fence and i love in America, land of the free. I'm going to hang a big blue 8 dollar tarp off the front porch. Don't think that's against any ordinance yet, lol. Ok. Rant officially done.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Good_GReef;281725 said:
How do you think they sell all those dang fans? Broken dreams. Lol. Every time i pass the neighbors with their cute little fences, i think of that stupid expired permit, lol. I don't even live an HOA, but i have to beg to put in a 24" high fence and i love in America, land of the free. I'm going to hang a big blue 8 dollar tarp off the front porch. Don't think that's against any ordinance yet, lol. Ok. Rant officially done.
Do it