water station build advice

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
gajake;285045 said:
The easiest solution is a vertical storage tank. These people have them in all sizes. http://www.boydsequipment.com/category/103-vertical-storage-tanks.aspx
The nice thing is that the bulkhead is already in them and they are strong and made for this use. The Rubbermaid cans really aren't.

I use one of the 25 gallon tanks to mix salt water. Hang a powerhead and heater in it and I'm always ready when I need water or a water change.I put a hose on the bulkhead fitting and open the valve.
Yep best way to go IMO. I also dont get the brown sludge others talk about but then again I use ESV salt so that might play a factor. This is what i did. They have square containers I would have rather had but they were on back order so I went round. One day ill get the square ones to replace these.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
DO NOT USE THIS AS AN EXAMPLE TO WORK TOWARDS!!!!!!!!
Ugliest sump room Ive seen in my life, really Ive seen it in person and its horrid and I would never allow it in my house!

JK cleanest, NICEST and smooth sump room I've ever seen!!!! Top notch from floor to ceiling and wall to wall!! LOOKS GREAT AS ALWAYS MAN!!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
water station build advice

Saw the beginning of Chad's post and that was definitely a made you look! Nice sump room!

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;287561 said:
DO NOT USE THIS AS AN EXAMPLE TO WORK TOWARDS!!!!!!!!
Ugliest sump room Ive seen in my life, really Ive seen it in person and its horrid and I would never allow it in my house!

JK cleanest, NICEST and smooth sump room I've ever seen!!!! Top notch from floor to ceiling and wall to wall!! LOOKS GREAT AS ALWAYS MAN!!
Ha thanks Chad!