Water Storage Barrels

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I will be picking up those blue 55 gallon barrels for water storage and salt mixing. These barrels have been used to store chile/pepper. What do you guys recommend using to clean it?

Thanks

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
small amounts of bleach diluted in water and a heavy rinsing and drying phase would be my choice of cleaning preference

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am afraid to use bleach, would vinegar do? Unless there are others that recommend it.

PlumCrazy;235327 said:
small amounts of bleach diluted in water and a heavy rinsing and drying phase would be my choice of cleaning preference
+1. I would use good ol' dawn dish soap to scrub the large stuff down followed by heavy rinsing. A bleach rinse to sanitize things followed by another rinse with your de-chlor of choice.

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
De-clor, whats that?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: Water Storage Barrels

Dechlorinator - neutralizes the chlorine

Basically a water conditioner that can be bought almost anywhere. I'm sure AquaMart some brand of it and if not def petco.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bleach and de-chlor would be all I would use myself. I bleach rock all the time then just de-chlor the heck out of it.

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks, I've found some for $15 a pop with open top/lid, pm if you are interested in getting one.