Water test results

So I did a water change yesterday. Decided to test all parameters today. Attached is a picture with results from API test kits. Looks to me that the ph is a little low. Alk is about 7.5(low) and cal is a little high(480ish). I have been using kent pro buffer dkh and it doesn't seem to make a difference, looking for input.

thanks

pictured left to right:
ph, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, phosphates, alk. Calcium

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Which salt do you use?

I know, unfortunately haven't picked up that text kit yet

SynDen;301864 said:
Which salt do you use?
I buy premixed water from elite reef, I don't recall what salt they use

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I just ask cause your ph seems about the same I get from instant ocean salt, but im switching to kent soon. I would say your ph isnt bad though its not into the borwnish side of the color scale. Calc a bit high but not so high that it going to cause much trouble, but bringing it down may help your alk go up. Are you dosing anything in your top off or otherwise?

SynDen;301867 said:
I just ask cause your ph seems about the same I get from instant ocean salt, but im switching to kent soon. I would say your ph isnt bad though its not into the borwnish side of the color scale. Calc a bit high but not so high that it going to cause much trouble, but bringing it down may help your alk go up. Are you dosing anything in your top off or otherwise?
No, the buffer is the only thing I dose. Is it okay buffer?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Its prolly fine, but likely wont make any difference when the calc is that high. I used to use buffer as well but have recently switch to kalkwasser in top off and seen better results, but others may have a different opinion, or more info, on it.

SynDen;301876 said:
Its prolly fine, but likely wont make any difference when the calc is that high. I used to use buffer as well but have recently switch to kalkwasser in top off and seen better results, but others may have a different opinion, or more info, on it.
I have heard good things about that kalkwasser, might have to check it out. Thanks