Watercolorsguy's 90

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Updated video

[video=youtube;YgmXAFQfL9U]http://www.youtube.com/#/watch?v=YgmXAFQfL9U[/video]

Tapatalk doesn't show this as being embedded. Hopefully it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Looks really awesome and so clean Mike!!!!! That has to be the most purple I've seen in along time. Is it painted rock or coraline loving you?

* don't laugh - they sell some epoxy painted rock these days called: Real Reef- bio active, aqua cultured rock.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;205904 said:
Looks really awesome and so clean Mike!!!!! That has to be the most purple I've seen in along time. Is it painted rock or coraline loving you?

* don't laugh - they sell some epoxy painted rock these days called: Real Reef- bio active, aqua cultured rock.
Thanks!
All coralline! Seems to be slowing down with the LEDs but not as bad an issue on the glass as it was with the MH.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Really coming along Mike. I agree with Chad, the amount of purple from the coraline algae is great - means your system is really healthy. The fish look happy in the video too. I really like the rock scaping you did.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
DyM;207096 said:
Really coming along Mike. I agree with Chad, the amount of purple from the coraline algae is great - means your system is really healthy. The fish look happy in the video too. I really like the rock scaping you did.
Thanks Dave!

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Watercolorsguy's 90

Decided to bring the other 90 gal upstairs and do a fowlr / nem tank with it. May eventually plumb this into the 125 downstairs along with the 90 on the left. Still haven't been able to get that 90 and 125 plumbed together due to funding issues.
View attachment 10638

Last edited by a moderator:

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's an awesome living room.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

cdrewferd;214101 said:
That's an awesome living room.
I wish I could stick the 125 between them where the tv is....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Got it filled and put some old lights in the canopy. Moved some stuff into it from the 125 so I can drain it and move it.
View attachment 10665

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Ahhhh the living room of a bachelor reefer head, I love it and I am so jealous!!!!

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

CRW Reef;214423 said:
Ahhhh the living room of a bachelor reefer head, I love it and I am so jealous!!!!
Lol Chad! I guess I shouldn't tell you besides the living room (which has another 55g tank in it to my right you can't see in the pic), I have the 125 in the family room downstairs, a tank of clowns in the master bedroom and a tank of cichlids in the spare bedroom...not to mention the reef in her family room and the clown tank in her bedroom....so I won't. It's great to have someone that enjoys aquariums...although not to my level...but she is very tolerant of my addiction!

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Definetlely coming along Mike, and really like the florescent shots too. Someday with all those tanks and square footage, you're going to get a tax break for being a western USA coral distribution center.

Do you get those nasty letters every quarter from Excel.... saying compared to your neighbors, you consume 18% more energy.... I do.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

DyM;235173 said:
Definetlely coming along Mike, and really like the florescent shots too. Someday with all those tanks and square footage, you're going to get a tax break for being a western USA coral distribution center.

Do you get those nasty letters every quarter from Excel.... saying compared to your neighbors, you consume 18% more energy.... I do.
I will look into getting an aquaculture grant too...maybe $4.7 million to do a study about stomatellas or the effects of detritus on air quality or something similar.

I am guessing it will be more than 18% if I ever do get a letter.

asneiman;235175 said:
Thanks Alan!