We have lost One of our Reefers

mdrumm

Butterfly Fish
anyone have more details about don's family and situation that can contact me? I want to hit up my clients to get some donations for a fundraiser raffle.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't know if anyone else cant get Don off their minds but I know I can't.
I have known that Don had been dealing with some health issues for awhile and was not aware how serious it was until two week ago.

I last talked to Don a week ago this passed Saturday we he got a hold of me to see if we where doing ok with the loss of 17 year old Jack Russell. I could tell then he was tired but was in good spirits. He seemed to be more concerned about us and not himself.

Even though Don could be APIMA, and would love to argue, he was a true friend!

I MISS YOU BRO! ESPECIALLY HERE ON THE MASC BOARD!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can't either. I keep checking back here to see if anything is going on with the fund raiser. Have no desire to read about anything else it seems. He will be missed.

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Same here. This has really put life into perspective for me, especially with us having our first child on the way. Guess its a good wake up call to make sure your doing everything you can for your family now, because you never know when its your turn. The wife and I are going to get Will's made up here soon. Plus look into what we already have set aside for death benifets, etc and see if we need to make any increases. Before this happend, I never really thought about it. Even when I was deploying...kind of stupid now that I look back at it.

It has made me step back and look at life differently. I lost one of my best friends when I was 23 but never thought about the bigger picture. My wife and I were just talking about life insurance last night and realized that what we have wouldn't last to long if one of us were to go at this age. We had originaly just set our plans based on both of us growing old together.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Boogie;167051 said:
I can't either. I keep checking back here to see if anything is going on with the fund raiser. Have no desire to read about anything else it seems. He will be missed.
I have the same thoughts.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
May 6th I spoke to him and hes said " It looks grim but I still have hope" and seemed in good spirits.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
chrislorentz;167074 said:
May 6th I spoke to him and hes said " It looks grim but I still have hope" and seemed in good spirits.
It just sucks! It was May 5th we talked and he was in good spirits just like you said. I just remembering the good times we had at the different club events that we both could make.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Boogie;167051 said:
Heffe01;167054 said:
Same here. This has really put life into perspective for me, especially with us having our first child on the way. Guess its a good wake up call to make sure your doing everything you can for your family now, because you never know when its your turn. The wife and I are going to get Will's made up here soon. Plus look into what we already have set aside for death benifets, etc and see if we need to make any increases. Before this happend, I never really thought about it. Even when I was deploying...kind of stupid now that I look back at it.
B-Willz;167063 said:
It has made me step back and look at life differently. I lost one of my best friends when I was 23 but never thought about the bigger picture. My wife and I were just talking about life insurance last night and realized that what we have wouldn't last to long if one of us were to go at this age. We had originaly just set our plans based on both of us growing old together.
I miss Don terribly, he was the life of the party on here. I also know he liked to talk about what a azz he was, but truth be told, I think he would really have been flattered by the outpouring of generosity and true feelings of love and support. This club has over the years has become something of a family, and the way we all miss Don is the proof.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Being new... I unfortunately missed out on knowing a really great guy... RIP man, You meant a lot to so many...

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow, this is a shocker!! I knew he had some health problems, but didn't know what, or how bad.

I doubt I'll be able to make it to the auction, but I have some old equipment I would be happy to donate. I would also like to make a cash donation to his family. Once the paypal account has been setup, would someone please drop me a PM with it? I am afraid I will miss it, if it's posted here.

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Left for the weekend and came back to hear this tragic news. A good friend lost his young wife, suddenly and unexpectedly last week as well. Very hard to make sense of such losses. Even dealing with these tragedies almost daily, it still never get's easier, and I pray it never will. My hope is that we all hug one another tighter and take advantage of every moment with friends and loved ones...this will be yet another way to honor the loss of Don. My sincerest thoughts and prayers are with Don's family right now and that they find a peace that surpasses all understanding.

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
rockys_pride;167360 said:
What is the PayPal account?
We are still working on getting it setup. As soon as we know we'll post the information.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;167383 said:
Can't we use his old one?

Sent using Forum Runner
I would assume that access to the account might be limited to him only. Need to make sure Jennifer has access to it or another account before making deposits. I'm guessing here but this is what I assume.