Well I did it...

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I took the plunge and bought a DSLR. I'm gonna need to pick up a "for dummies" book for this one I think lol. I will get a macro lens and add some coral pics soon. I ended up with the Canon T3i.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
silkphoto;136967 said:
Denver cherub
hey , i joined the club recently....
I am a professional photographer .
I will help you out , no charge .
My website is www.silkphoto.com
Let me know
art
Wow thanks for the offer! I'll see what I can figure out on my own reading and watching youtube videos lol. Still I'm sure I'll have questions. I purchased the body and bought a 75-300mm lens. Now I'm finding that lens is a bit much for indoor use and I needed the stupid 18-55mm kit lens lol so I'm meeting someone from craigslist later to get that.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ahh gotcha. What are you paying for the lens? I might sell you mine. Not that I dont like it but I have a 100mm macro lens being shipped to me as we speak. I dont really have a use for the kit lens since the macro will also be good for portrait shots which is my only other use for the camera at the moment.

Let me know how you like the telephoto lens. I have been considering picking one up for when I go to Broncos/Nuggets/avs games.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
btw your going to love having a DSLR camera and it will become your second hobby if you take the time to learn it. I wish I could spend more time doing photography with mine, life is just so hectic lately. I am pretty stoked to get my macro lens this week though!

I am very happy that I was able to pick up the camera before my daughter was born, no better way to capture the memories then with a good camera!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
$45 is a great deal if in mint condition, just make sure to look really well at the glass and make sure there is nothing on it (scratches, dust, etc). Even the finest particle, imperfection can ruin every shot. I would even suggest to take some pictures with it and bring a laptop if possible so you can blow up the shots and see if there is any consistent imperfections on every shot. At least that is what I would do.

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;137010 said:
I am very happy that I was able to pick up the camera before my daughter was born, no better way to capture the memories then with a good camera!
+1 - None of the cell phone cameras or Point and Shoot cameras will come close to a DSLR with good macro lens. The worst part of the other cameras is after being patient enough to get that one really nicely framed shot that the camera decides to go out of focus.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah no doubt David. You don't know how many times I almost threw my old point and shoot. It wasn't even a cheap one and still I can already see the benefit to this camera.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I want a macro lens so bad, but man are they pricey.

Right now I am using the extension tubes and the cheapo lens.

Looks like we have some Canon folks and some Nikon folks as well. We should have a shoot off against each other, we Nikon peeps would soooo kill you guys though.