What do you think 175 bowfront rock scaping

Please let me know what you think, also was thinking about doing a Styrofoam bottom what is your experiences with this not doing sand fish only tank

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
looks good, love the arches. I'd prolly push that middle one a bit more forward though to give oyu room to get behind it a bit more and give the structure a bit more depth.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The left side is awesome! I am not sure how I feel about the right. If the right side is 2 pieces I would try swapping them.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
dakota1972;346400 said:

Here's s full tank shot I took this morning better light
I would take the middle pointytop piece and swap it with the right side piece, have that archway on the left connect to the thinner 'wall' that's toward the back of the tank in this shot. That would open up the center of the tank visually.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FinsUp!;346402 said:
I would take the middle pointytop piece and swap it with the right side piece, have that archway on the left connect to the thinner 'wall' that's toward the back of the tank in this shot. That would open up the center of the tank visually.

This could be cool as well

So re did some of the rock moved the lower arch on the left up higher and pushed the middle piece left and back. On the right I removed the far back piece and pushed the one back and added a couple more pieces to the center on the right.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
That looks great! Lots of swimmin' room for the fish, and some caverns. One downside to not doing sand is that you won't be able to get fish (wrasses, mainly) that sleep and hide in it. And (just my humble opinion) it looks odd when a tank doesn't have sand. Not as natural as I prefer, but that's a completely personal choice.

Thanks finsup, I've been going back and forth with the sand I do like the look of it as well I have it in all my other tanks I was just thinking of less maintenance on a larger tank

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
dakota1972;346464 said:
Thanks finsup, I've been going back and forth with the sand I do like the look of it as well I have it in all my other tanks I was just thinking of less maintenance on a larger tank

The new rock stack looks awesome! I personally say go sand so you can have wrasses. I think it is no difference in maintenance having sand vs no sand. You just need to rely on more cleaner crew and take a more expanded approach to it. You can't do the usual 1 variety of snails and call it good. You will need to get multiple types of cleaners. Ex: Cerith, nassarrious, trochus, astraes, fire shrimp, cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, mini brittles, conches, tuxedo urchins, and Babylon snails.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Gobies and jawfish will also help quite a bit in keeping the sand sifted in addition to the CuC.