What do you want for the club?

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
TexSun;227248 said:
I know I just joined the forum & haven't met you guys at a meeting yet..., but here's a tiny suggestion. My old local aquarium club forum I used to post on had a "Thank You" button located in the same bar as the reply and reply w/ quote. The forum setup was essentially the same. But with the Thank You Button it allowed one user to thank another for a useful post without a direct reply to the thread. Its a nice feature. Just a suggestion.
They actually just added something similar recently. There's a star on the left side of the "reply bar" under each person's post...clicking it will allow you to leave +reputation for helpful posts, smooth sales/dbtcs, or whatever else you see fit.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
majicmike;227250 said:
I would be willing to help with this Martin if you would like to do it!
MartinsReef;227251 said:
Sure, I will held out with one or both. Let talk soon.
bubbarockies;227252 said:
I'm pretty new but would like to get involved some more. You guys hit me up if you want some help.
CindyL;227254 said:
I'd love to help with this kinda thing.
Looks like a sub committee to me :p

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
These are the type pf percs I was thinking of for members or platinum type deal

FYI I really like the private classifieds Then I know that I am dealing with people who care. I know that these people have some sort of stake in the game and bad rep is not what these people would be looking for.

I dont think 2 meetings should get you to this level. Maybe 4-6 meetings in a year or a donation

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

I like that idea, best of both worlds for the sale threds. Everyone can still sell but two levels of sales.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I second Mike's proposal.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
cdrewferd;227671 said:
I second Mike's proposal.
This is not my "idea" I became a supporter on reef 2 reef and this is their set up, but maybe masc can do their own spin on this I just thought it was great for "members" to get a little extra!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
majicmike;227695 said:
This is not my "idea" I became a supporter on reef 2 reef and this is their set up, but maybe masc can do their own spin on this I just thought it was great for "members" to get a little extra!
Mike you're not suggesting we be like R2R are you? Because that wont go over very well around here :D

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

CRW Reef;227696 said:
Mike you're not suggesting we be like R2R are you? Because that wont go over very well around here :D
I'm suggesting we use an idea but seems like a few people like it. I know I do and it solves the 50 post deal leave one open to who ever and have one for members.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
So would a member choose if they want to place their ad in the members only classifieds, the open classifieds and or both?

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
they could choose. maybe give other memebers a better deal before offering it up to the general public and/or craigslist

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

CRW Reef;227699 said:
So would a member choose if they want to place their ad in the members only classifieds, the open classifieds and or both?
I think they should be able to chose. I don't know if both is all that needed unless you offer a lower price to members.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
ok so this policy would only be protecting the seller by having a captive and accountable buying pool ya? Would this protect the member buyer in anyway over the regular sale threads, where one can look to see if the person is a member, length of time in club and post counts?

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;227707 said:
ok so this policy would only be protecting the seller by having a captive and accountable buying pool ya? Would this protect the member buyer in anyway over the regular sale threads, where one can look to see if the person is a member, length of time in club and post counts?
I would offer a lower price in the member room. That benefits member buyers.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

CRW Reef;227707 said:
For me I would post only in this section. I would give better deals. Mascot discount like I had done in the past but no longer due. The buyer knows without a doubt that the seller would not be inclined to mess up his or her reputation with the club.Also I could see higher end trades happen more often between members. I was shocked at the members only classifieds on R2R. It seems to work well there.