1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

What do you want for the club?

Discussion in 'MASC Info' started by dv3, Sep 17, 2011.

1. jahmic

jahmic Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

They actually just added something similar recently. There's a star on the left side of the "reply bar" under each person's post...clicking it will allow you to leave +reputation for helpful posts, smooth sales/dbtcs, or whatever else you see fit.

2. CRW Reef

CRW Reef Orca Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Looks like a sub committee to me :p

3. scchase

scchase Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Sounds good to me last years garage sale/BBQ was a blast.

4. Bajamike

Bajamike Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

These are the type pf percs I was thinking of for members or platinum type deal

FYI I really like the private classifieds Then I know that I am dealing with people who care. I know that these people have some sort of stake in the game and bad rep is not what these people would be looking for.

I dont think 2 meetings should get you to this level. Maybe 4-6 meetings in a year or a donation
    [​IMG]

5. Dr.DiSilicate

Dr.DiSilicate Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

I like that idea, best of both worlds for the sale threds. Everyone can still sell but two levels of sales.

6. cdrewferd

cdrewferd Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

I second Mike's proposal.

7. Bajamike

This is not my "idea" I became a supporter on reef 2 reef and this is their set up, but maybe masc can do their own spin on this I just thought it was great for "members" to get a little extra!

8. CRW Reef

Mike you're not suggesting we be like R2R are you? Because that wont go over very well around here :D

9. Bajamike

I'm suggesting we use an idea but seems like a few people like it. I know I do and it solves the 50 post deal leave one open to who ever and have one for members.

10. CRW Reef

So would a member choose if they want to place their ad in the members only classifieds, the open classifieds and or both?

11. cdrewferd

cdrewferd Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

they could choose. maybe give other memebers a better deal before offering it up to the general public and/or craigslist

12. Bajamike

I think they should be able to chose. I don't know if both is all that needed unless you offer a lower price to members.

13. FinsUp

FinsUp According to my watch, the time is now. M.A.S.C Club Member

+1

14. CRW Reef

ok so this policy would only be protecting the seller by having a captive and accountable buying pool ya? Would this protect the member buyer in anyway over the regular sale threads, where one can look to see if the person is a member, length of time in club and post counts?

15. FinsUp

FinsUp According to my watch, the time is now. M.A.S.C Club Member

I would offer a lower price in the member room. That benefits member buyers.

16. Bajamike

For me I would post only in this section. I would give better deals. Mascot discount like I had done in the past but no longer due. The buyer knows without a doubt that the seller would not be inclined to mess up his or her reputation with the club.Also I could see higher end trades happen more often between members. I was shocked at the members only classifieds on R2R. It seems to work well there.