What do you want?

We have several ideas on which area we should expand next, but we want YOUR input.

• Macroalgae
  • Fully grown, nutritional brine shrimp
  • Brine shrimp gut-loader and automatic feeder(think of a hang on back gut-loader and feeder)
  • More copepod/amphipod strains
  • Automatic phytoplankton doser (such as a HOB feeder)
  • Educational Videos
  • Refugium starter kits
  • Quantitative results on water quality improvement through phytoplankton dosing
  • Copepods and phytoplankton in your LFS
  • Subscription Service

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
One thing that I havn't seen local and seems pricy to order. Live feeder ghost shrimp. (Or anything similiar and suitable for same purpose.) No idea if those are readily raised. From talking to a few places it sounded like being break even or profitable on brine was nigh impossible according to them as many didn't want to pay the price that it would have to be. The ghost shrimp may have same issue, but then again being more than a LFS that may not be an issue due to scale with you.

One idea for the Local stocking in stores, is you could try to set it up sorta like the subscription. A notepad or something that people can make orders on and the LFS communicates to you what to deliver weekly. Possibly with pre-pay to ensure no clowns ordering 10 bottles and disapearing.

kyuubichan218

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
It'd be cool to have a "fuge starter pack" where you get several kinds of macro with pods and phyto as a package deal. One click shopping.

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk 2

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
what i would like in order of importance:

copepods and phytoplankton in your LFS...
macro algae......
more copepod/amphipod strains....
refugium starter kits....
a phyto doser with subscription...

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Fitz19d;272256 said:
One thing that I havn't seen local and seems pricy to order. Live feeder ghost shrimp. (Or anything similiar and suitable for same purpose.) No idea if those are readily raised. From talking to a few places it sounded like being break even or profitable on brine was nigh impossible according to them as many didn't want to pay the price that it would have to be. The ghost shrimp may have same issue, but then again being more than a LFS that may not be an issue due to scale with you.

One idea for the Local stocking in stores, is you could try to set it up sorta like the subscription. A notepad or something that people can make orders on and the LFS communicates to you what to deliver weekly. Possibly with pre-pay to ensure no clowns ordering 10 bottles and disapearing.
We carried Ghost Shrimp at Catfish Charlies and always had a full stock and ready supply so I know they can be kept.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
AlgaeBarn;272251 said:
We have several ideas on which area we should expand next, but we want YOUR input.

• Macroalgae
  • Fully grown, nutritional brine shrimp
  • Brine shrimp gut-loader and automatic feeder(think of a hang on back gut-loader and feeder)
  • More copepod/amphipod strains
  • Automatic phytoplankton doser (such as a HOB feeder)
  • Educational Videos
  • Refugium starter kits
  • Quantitative results on water quality improvement through phytoplankton dosing
  • Subscription Service

Honestly, ALL THE ABOVE!

I love you guys. The community support here is awesome, and we will have a "progress" report by the end of the week that we think you'll be proud of. :)

joeMASC

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'd find the water quality from dosing phyto really interesting. I think it would help your sales. I think if you had a pack for fish raising, you could fill a niche. People that want to breed clowns, for example could have an option for rotifers and small pods for the early stage, then larger pods and gut loaded baby brine, etc.

Officially my vote is for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want the big mixed copepod/amphipod package you can order from an online store without the 20 dollar shipping. You would have my business atleast once a month for my scooter blenny.

Matt_Arian

For Stuffing!
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can you readily supply micro algae cultures (Chaetoceros sp's, Isochrysis, Spirulina, nannochloropsis, Rhodomonas', etc.) and nutrients for home cultivators/breeders? I do believe that could be another niche to fill. Also selling culture kits for cultivating micro and macro algae might be of interest, too.

If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM.

EDIT: Don't forget to put a link to your website on your signature. "Instant gratification" theories apply.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What do you want?

Display macros
Fuge kits
Haha just saw how old this post was...

Last edited by a moderator:

rplank

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
These!!!!

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rplank;326806 said:
These!!!!
They have their product in most local stores.