Whats your Salinity in ppt and or sg

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mine dropped to 1.023-24... What is the best way to calibrate a refractometer? I have heard just use RO water or to use a solution closest to your desired number.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Where do you get your solution at?

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1 35ppt or 1.026

Does anyone have the Neptune probe? I'm considering it, to pull top off water from a different location than the normal RO if salt is low. I wet skim so keeping at 35 is a chore.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jeff where did you disappear to for a while man. Where in the world is WALDO?

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I ended up tearing two muscles in my leg again back in November. For about 2 months, I was just high as hell. On painkillers that is. So I think I just kinda forgot about this place...lol. My reef went to **** while I was recovering...so I am now gonna take this time to reset it up as a full on Zeo reef. See what ya get for the benjamins.

We should get together again soon.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
wow your tank was awesome. that really sucks

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
yeah...it sucks. But will give me a chance to rebuild it. I have all my LPS and softies still. Just ended up losing about 75% of my SPS.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
It was the LED's........... :)

1.025 is usually what I shoot for. I use Reef Crystals and check with a refractometer.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Heffe - I can hook you up with almost any SPS I have to get you started again. Let me know since we both live in Aurora.