Where were you?

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just have to say that i am kinda unhappy about our own may meeting.... where were you, where was anyone? I was the first one to arrive to D&G and that was at 5:00, i only saw one other MASC member the whole time i was there and that was until 7:30. I was also told that the LEADERS of MASC were supposed to be there and noone ever showed.... whats up with this??????

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
I would have liked to go but I had to work till 5:30 pm and then pick up my kids.....oh and I live in Aurora so by the time I would have got up there it would have been 8:00pm.

To bad there was not a huge turn out.....did you get any good corals or fish?

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
sorry I work till 6 m-f and fort collins is quite the drive after a long day at work with rush hour and all. I really wanted to come as I may have benefited from a workshop. Meetings should probably be on weekends imo but that's soley based on my preference/schedule. I'm too new to say when meetings should be I suppose. Sorry to let you guys down...

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haha I was there

120greefman

Let's see, Thursday consists of: work all day, kids have school, homework, sports and then bed. Would have liked to gone but weekdays simply do not work for me personally. Sorry to hear about a poor turnout as I am sure a lot of time went in to prepartation.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
About the same for me wake up got to work at 6:00 get off at 5:00 get home do homework till I got to bed rainse and repeat.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Really wanted to go but I am financially strapped (get like 14MPG), tried getting a car pool going but no one took me up on it. Sorry guys and thanks for DG for putting this on.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm not trying to poke at people, i understand its a weekday and i understand that alot of peeps on here are not local to the ft collins area.... but where was the BOD? where was the meeting?? And i guess, where is our commitment level when it comes to sponsors?

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
amonchak;95780 said:
To bad there was not a huge turn out.....did you get any good corals or fish?
Heck yes, Huge deals on dry goods and suplements. I also walked away with a basslet for $5, a few diffrent zoa frags for $5 and a free sun coral!

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
The only north Colorado meeting I've made it to was at Gonzo's last fall. BOD was absent then too.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would have loved to have gone, (I don't think I committed) but was not home from work till after 5:00, as much as I love this club and hobby, my accident put a 2 year hold on my life and my priority is my family.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
During the week is tough, would have loved to have gone, but work in Centennial, live in Aurora. Got out of work at 5:30

Thanks D&G for putting it on.

Are weekdays normal for the meetings? or was this a one off?

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
It was great for the sponsor to step up, however it is notoriously difficult to pull folks into a meeting during the week unless they are very local to the store. Weekend meetings are always better attended, however that's also the busiest time for the LFS. Sometimes after hours events work best for this type of thing.

I also didn't see much promotion of the meeting other than the sponsor forum? It is entirely possible that I missed the home page announcement though.

It's not possible for every board member to make every meeting (I miss my own meetings periodically due to travel or other events) however there should be official representation from the club. If this was an club event, then at least one board member should have shown up to run the meeting and thank the sponsor, or at the least, one member should speak for the board.

We are getting into the summer months. Folks are outside, tanks are put on auto-pilot, LFS stocks are low and meetings are poorly attended. It will stay this way till October. We really do have a seasonal hobby..... even for the die hards!