where's all my plumbers

AllysonP

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had a sewage back up. I had a company come out and clean the pipes. They said there was a problem and we needed a camera
So now I have a video of my lines. They are telling me that my clay pipes are cracked and not a lined anymore. They want to charge me $7000 to dig up and only fix 6 feet. I want a second opinion. Who can help?

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
That sounds about wright helped my cousin do it last yr. you could rent the equipment and do it your self for 2k at most as long as you don't need to go threw concete. Good luck as this is not as hard as it may seem.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had the same thing happen at my old house. Jackhammered the concrete,dug 6' down,used pvc pipe and a collar to fix, then filled and repoured the concrete. Wasn't fun and that was only a section,not the whole line

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I had the same problem in my house in Salt Lake City. We had 1 section of pipe that sunk down like 3 inches and a big root from a tree going right through it. I would go to Home Depot and rent their roto-rooter machine every 3 months, and just clean the line like a plumber does. When we sold the house we fully disclosed that this was a problem, and they didn't ask too much about it. I had a quote of about the same $7000, but that was for a special "new" machine that would go in one end and break up the clay pipes and replace it with a fiberglass lined pipe that was slightly smaller diameter, but had no seams for tree roots to infiltrate. This method only required 2 holes to be dug in your yard, one near the house and one near the street.

Who ever thought clay pipes would be a good sewer line material anyway?